Original topic:

Android 11 quick settings buttons in Android 12 & "Camera access" button missing

(Topic created: 05-15-2022 03:08 AM)
Faith4Hope
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (2021)

I recently posted a question similar to this one, but now I've noticed something else strange that shouldn't be. Please bear with me. 

I've recently received the Android 12 update on my A32 5G (2021 model). I've noticed that there's an option to add a quick setting access tile button for "Microphone access" (which I've added to my buttons), however I've found out that there's also supposed to be one available for "Camera access" as well. I've went to look for it, but that button isn't even listed in the available buttons to add. I firmly believe that it's something that's essential for Samsung users to have for better security control. I've read online if others who have the same issue. They believe that "Camera access" must only be available for the main flagship (S series), which it honestly shouldn't be. I've tried searching on how to add "Camera access" online (in hopes that I just overlooked something), but to no avail.

After doing some more searches, in hopes of finding the answer this time, I've noticed another issue. I still have Android 11 buttons & not Android 12 ones. The layout is still like the Android 11 ones. Even though Android 11 buttons are typically preferred over Android 12's, I'm starting to think that this could also be the reason why I don't have any access to a "Camera access" button in my quick settings. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I have to wait for another update of some sort or not. 

I'm just really sad that ever since I've had this phone (justa few months), I've had problems with it- whether it was Samsung issues or issues with my carrier/provider or both, it's just been a big let down, especially since this is my first Samsung phone I was actually able to get... It would be a nice budget phone if everything worked properly fresh out of the box like it was supposed to… My carrier/provider don't even let me bring it back to exchange it… And no offense to any tech support people (I'm both grateful & thankful for that field being in existence), but with this phone & it's issues, literally nobody is actually reading/listening to me before they send some cut/copy-paste message or giving me word-for-word prompts that does absolutely nothing for my issues…
0 Likes
21 Replies
Lrock
Comet
Options
Android 12
you can turn on dev options and add developer quick seting tiles and use the block sensors tile, it will block camera and mic.
or get the latest firmware version for your device and flash it using odin. this will require a computer an official samsung charging/data cable as well as a little bit of computer savvy and ability to follow directions
Faith4Hope
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I do have the sensor thing added as an option, but for times when I need to have teleconferences (and other instances), I still wanna be able to control my mic separately from the camera.
Unfortunately, I don't have a computer that actually functions & I still have yet to get another one. If it persists even by the time I get a new one, then perhaps I'll revisit this & try it out.
Update: Just checked & there is no software downloads available for my phone with my carrier/provider, so I guess that's out…
akaRemoteAlias
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I basically put this up at the top Lrock. The block sensors thing. I mean I think mine is drawn over at this point but it did the trick until the update came. But running what's supposed to be Android 12 and OneUI v4.1 I should have the oval ones not the round icons correct? I'd love to know what the ACTUAL latest firmware for my device was. Someone has my whole network pawned so there's a good chance it won't even run properly but..bur... just for s&g.
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Android 12
i dont know, im on an unlocked 20+ so im still on oneui 4.0, im about to try flashing a carrier locked 12 with 4.1 update just to see if i can get esim to work though
0 Likes
akaRemoteAlias
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
My ESim kinda works when it wants to? Sometimes the physical works sometimes it says ESim but I don't have access to the option from my device and at this point pretty sure whole network is compromised. I have a older carrier locked Note was trying to use both and start over but unless I can find a way to be able to unlock and trade it's not gonna happen. My wife's phone only runs on ESim at this point. Honestly I think my entire home and mobile network run off the same 1 or 2 signals 🤔.
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Android 12
who's your carrier? also could you go to settings status info and software info and screenshot the following? please remove info as i have for security.Screenshot_20220515-113405_Settings_10682_1652628845.pngScreenshot_20220515-113124_Settings_10678_1652628684.png
Faith4Hope
Nebula
Options
Android 12
I have T-Mobile & the phone was purchased through T-Mobile too. Here's what those areas you circled say on my phone (of course clipped to just include the needed info).Screenshot_20220515-130200_Settings_1451_1652634614.jpgScreenshot_20220515-130200_Settings (1)_1452_1652634679.jpgScreenshot_20220515-125826_Settings_1450_1652634559.jpg
0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Android 12
here's the most recent firmware its the same one you're on, but flashing it could solve your issues. i had similar problems when moving from beta 12 to standard release 12 that didnt resolve until i removed old and flashed the new firmware. it would at least give you a fresh and known place to start from

https://www.galaxyfirmware.com/model/SM-A326U/TMB/A326USQU7BVD1

i encourage anyone to do their own due diligence, and always check file signatures, but for what it's worth, that's where i get my firmware files from. i have no affiliation with them beyond that.
Faith4Hope
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Here I was checking the Samsung support site for any downloads 😂 But thanks for the link though. If I get access to a PC, I might try my hand at this.
0 Likes