Original topic:

Basic system not working

(Topic created: 06-23-2022 10:10 PM)
angryman
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
All day today been having issues with my phone.  Even after I bought a new plan. Also, before and after an update. My data works fine. However my calls and text does not. It rings on other end, when tring to call me, and goes to voice-mail. But phone doesn't show anything about missed calls or new notifications. Same with texting. Won't send or receive.  Called customer support (another phone) and they couldn't help the numerous I tried calling. On top of things that i tried. Like I said my data is fine. So I'm out of ideas on what it could be.  Anyone have a insight? 

3 Replies
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Android 12
I had kind of similar issue on my Note 5. Although in my case, I could see phone ringing (silently). I had to do factory reset to fix it.

Maybe you have some sort of call forwarding on?

0 Likes
Tony M
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Check ur mobile security.could be blocking calls ,texts. I had that issue and when I checked security it was blocking everything
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

"It rings on other end, when tring to call me, and goes to voice-mail."  < my guess is that you have TMobile??

I've seen TMobile have this issue quite a lot.

If your case is the same as the ones I've seen in the past, it's the carrier side's issue. Either the caller is having issue with unstable connection or the receiver is having connection issue. It is hard to tell unless both parties report the issue at the same time to see who was the one having the issue.

0 Likes