JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery Percentage scaling when Battery Protect is enabled.

(Topic created: 01-22-2022 11:54 AM)
Gr8MightyDaddy
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
So I have a Tab A7 Lite and S21.  I have Battery Protect enabled on both devices.  This feature causes the battery to charge to 85% of capacity.  On the Tab A7 Lite, the tablet scales the battery percentage indicator so that when it shows 100% charge, it is really at 85%.  The S21 though, chargers to 85% and shows 85%.  I know it's psychological, but I wish Samsung would update the S21 to also show 100% when the battery is at 85% charge like the Tab A7 Lite does when Battery Protect is enabled.
4 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

I understand your desire but I personally like it staying at 85%.  I switch between protect on/off depending on my intended usage scenario and knowing at a glance that I'm on the shorter duration 85% charge is useful.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Options
Android 12
It would be nice to have this as a option.
CROSSCOWBOY
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
After the last update the screen is all over the place e very time I go to touch it the screen goes back to the home screen
0 Likes
Solution
LindaK20
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
I believe it has to do with Android 11 on the tablet and Android 12 on the phone. I have the same situation between my Tab S6 and Note 20 Ultra. The phone was updated to Android 12 before I tried the battery protect feature, and the tablet won't be updated until May. The Tab A7 Lite is scheduled for June.