JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot Browse for Certificates

(Topic created: 05-11-2022 11:33 AM)
uservWbJYWHwMN
Constellation
Options
Android 12

This is on a Galaxy S10+ Android 12, UI version 4.1. This is not a corporate managed phone.

I have a self-signed CA cert that I created for my local services and want to install it on my phone. I've gone to settings -> biometrics & security -> other security settings -> install from phone storage -> CA certificate -> Install anyway (verify my identity) and then I'm left at a "select item" screen that says "No Files" regardless of my choices.  My choices are limited to Internal Storage, SD Card, One Drive and Google Drive.  

How do I browse to the cert on my phone? What extensions are valid? (I'm currently using .pem) Is there a way to change what file browser the settings app uses?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userr0xZ09E01M
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Hi all -

unfortunately the issue is caused by the Samsung My Files app when updated to v13.1.x 

It is unable to detect the certificate file on the internal storage on the Select An Item screen so "No files" is reported and other directories cannot be navigated to. 

If you "uninstall updates" for this My Files app, it works but this is counter intuitive as a solution to non-tech minded individuals that we deal with. 

Samsung, please fix this urgently!!

View solution in context

7 Replies
user9AOHDjjqpd
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

I have the exact same problem while trying to install a .crt certificate. Hope someone is able to help.

userV4U2Mm8m5b
Constellation
Options
Android 12

same issue here i there is no option to browse for cert and my samsung s20 fe dont see cert file

Members_3NDnpf8
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I'm also having the same issue on my Galaxy S21+, regardless of what storage option I select it says no certificates

Solution
userr0xZ09E01M
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Hi all -

unfortunately the issue is caused by the Samsung My Files app when updated to v13.1.x 

It is unable to detect the certificate file on the internal storage on the Select An Item screen so "No files" is reported and other directories cannot be navigated to. 

If you "uninstall updates" for this My Files app, it works but this is counter intuitive as a solution to non-tech minded individuals that we deal with. 

Samsung, please fix this urgently!!

userV4U2Mm8m5b
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Thanks mate, after update uinstall of my files app, i was able to install cert with np.

0 Likes
uservWbJYWHwMN
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Wow, thanks! I searched for solutions for this, but yours is the first that actually works. 

0 Likes
userr0xZ09E01M
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I can also offer a more permanent solution by updating your Samsung My Files app to: v13.1.00.193 via Galaxy App Store or Play Store.

0 Likes