JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Color pallets on Android 12 update

(Topic created: 01-14-2022 07:52 PM)
NICK_BRO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Hey everyone. Hope that your day is going well. So I updated my fold 3 to android 12 one ui 4. And I wondering why my Samsung email doesn't do The color pallet and my Google app also. Just wondering if anyone else is the same issue. And hopefully they can fix it. Cause its doesnt look good at all if only some apps can do the color pallet. Thanks for any help or information. 
8 Replies
NICK_BRO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
It shouldn't be though. It's a Google update. It runs on Google operating system as well Samsung own little operating system. without google software samsung doesnt have their one ui.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
But samsung altered the android OS for one UI
0 Likes
NICK_BRO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
I understand that but then when I go into the play store my color pallet works inside the play store. The search bar is my color pallet. And some other parts in the play store. Just doesn't seem like they worked out the bugs maybe. Or they got lazy and only did some Google apps. Not sure but there is no consistency with the update with the color pallet.
0 Likes
Solution
Yamialex224
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
Maybe as it rolls out and gets better it will change. I mean you can't use themes with the color pallet so it's kinda lost a lot of potential
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Android 12
I use mostly Google apps on my s21 ultra like phone messages and other stuff. When I change the theme it only changes the samsung apps and the google apps are the same. Not a huge fan but I prefer Googles app instead
0 Likes
Dmoore38
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Maybe when they release one ui 4.1 they'll add more options
0 Likes
NICK_BRO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
I would get that if it was for 3rd party apps. But not Google apps. Especially if it's a Google software update. And a Google material update.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Yeah, support actually has to be added to the apps to function with Color Palette. Samsung and Google both.... actually many developers have tons of apps to add Material You support to and that's if they even decide to support it in the first place just like Dark Mode. It's not "standard" and it's not mandatory apparently. I wish it was so that there was some consistency for those that want it. 😕
0 Likes