Options
Android 12
I use face id for s21 ultra and it's not perfect but works pretty good
0 Likes
Richysan
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
This one never works I have Uninstaller and reinstalled.
0 Likes
Richysan
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
A12
0 Likes
Richysan
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I had A21
0 Likes
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Android 12
As a general rule with Android phones facial recognition technology is not a good idea to use its relatively easy to fool with just a picture or someone who looks similar it does not use any 3D technology that match the face fully the way Windows hello or apples face ID works
0 Likes
Ariscott56
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
I've already tried this feature on my S21 using a picture of me from my Tab S7+ and it wouldn't even register as a real face. I'd say the face unlock is pretty secure
0 Likes
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Android 12
They may have fixed it with the picture but it's still not as secure as with apple face ID or Windows hello which uses infrared micro dots to get a 3D map of your face
0 Likes
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Android 12
Apple face ID BTW is a variant of Windows hello they really just took the idea from Microsoft and found their own way of doing it so that it didn't impinge on Microsoft patents
0 Likes
Ariscott56
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
Apple Face ID is not as secure as you think. My siblings both have the iPhone 13 and one unlocked using the Face ID of the other's iPhone and successfully got into it; keep in mind that they aren't significantly identical either.

While Samsung's Face Unlock isn't as secure as Apple's Face ID, it's still a good idea to use it
0 Likes