JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Facebook issue- Photos open to black screen after update to One UI 4.0 on Galaxy Fold

(Topic created: 04-12-2022 10:51 PM)
ZaxDezignz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

After the last update before the one we got the other day so after the really big update that brought me to ui4 I think oh, the update was the end of March or the beginning of April. Now when I go in Facebook if I go to a person's profile and try to open up a photo it goes to a black screen no matter who it is even my friends and family I did not have this problem for what can I do I tried resetting the phone as in turning the power off and turning it back on.? Please assist further.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the symptoms you are experiencing with your app and would be happy to look into this further for you. I have a few troubleshooting things to assist you with the symptoms you are experiencing with the Facebook app.

1. I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache for the Facebook app. Go to settings > apps > Tap on Facebook > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

2. Wipe the cache partition: The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  5. Press Side key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  8. Press the Side key to restart the device.

3. Check to make sure your Facebook app is up to date. If the app is not up to date, it could be causing compatibility issues with the new software.

4.  Next I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the Facebook app on your device. This will allow you to get a fresh start with the software for the app

5. If you have tried all these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to Facebook directly for further assistance. Give this link a try: https://www.facebook.com/help/mobile-basic/392617567415770

View solution in context

2 Replies
TheBoss69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
How do we do the update
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with the symptoms you are experiencing with your app and would be happy to look into this further for you. I have a few troubleshooting things to assist you with the symptoms you are experiencing with the Facebook app.

1. I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache for the Facebook app. Go to settings > apps > Tap on Facebook > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

2. Wipe the cache partition: The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  5. Press Side key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  8. Press the Side key to restart the device.

3. Check to make sure your Facebook app is up to date. If the app is not up to date, it could be causing compatibility issues with the new software.

4.  Next I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the Facebook app on your device. This will allow you to get a fresh start with the software for the app

5. If you have tried all these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to Facebook directly for further assistance. Give this link a try: https://www.facebook.com/help/mobile-basic/392617567415770