Original topic:

From App Horse to App Crasher

(Topic created: 04-27-2022 09:04 AM)
TheFunkHouse
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I recently updated my Galaxy Tab S6 Lite to Android 12/One UI 4.1. I use photo editing apps that have been updated with android 12 support. Unfortunately, they keep crashing when editing high rez Photos and Digital Art previously created before the update. The whole samsung/android UI experience went from smooth to clunky with apps crashing. I asked for help on the official twitter page. They suggested to clear system cache via the recovery menu. And the recovery menu seems to be locked out. Inaccessible. Bringing me to the conclusion that this tablet is now only worth a basic media player. With no way to roll back the update. I'm forced to write here where it seems that no one of importance sees any of this at all. I greatly encourage those with a similar device to not update if you havent already. 
#android12, #Tablets #UI4.1

0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

@TheFunkHouse Perhaps if you indicate which photo editing apps you are using someone can offer some suggestions. 

0 Likes
TheFunkHouse
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Thank you for your comment. Sorry if I wasn't being clear. But its not the apps I have been using that is causing problems. These apps had been updated with android 12 support before the Android 12/ One UI 4.1 update. And they ran just fine without any problems. I've noticed a hike in RAM use of 1 gig or more after the update. (With no apps open) This is even after deleting some apps post Android12 update. Its not the apps that I had been using.
Yes, I had already disabled/uninstalled everything that I do not use. (That the system allowed) Reinstalled the main apps I use and still problems.
The system is laggy, it pauses and skips on Samsung Browser. I go into Settings to scroll and it skips and jumps like it's had too much coffee ( in a bad way ).
To top it off. My tablet won't even natively boot into recovery mode. This is more of a warning than a call for help. Thank you for your inquiry.