JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't vibrate on notification (GMAIL)

(Topic created: 08-20-2021 07:12 AM)
userofthbjv3KH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,
I just bought my new GW4 but it doesn't vibrate on notifications.
I tried everything :
1) No night mode
2) No Theater mode
3) Resetting the watch
4) Vibration mode is on
I receive all the notifications but it doesn't vibrate when receiving for example an email in my Gmail account.
Can you help me?
Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
122 Replies
userkXJEzV07qq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

same issue here (watch4 + S21 Ultra)

notifications from gmail never vibrate.

I've never had this problem on any wear os watch - and i had many.

please fix this Samsung, this is THE most mandatory smartwatch function.

userFz62o5TJAE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same - also replying back to an email via the (silent) notification doesn't work: it just responds back with a blank email.  This is with both my Galaxy 4 Classic and my wife's non-classic - on two different phones (Pixel 3 and Pixel 5).  Yes literally Gmail and Chat/Hangouts (whatever the  they call it this month) are my main 2 big things I need on a smart watch...especially Gmail/email; it not working on day one is crazy.

0 Likes
yona1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issues, I had the GW4 44mm paired with my s20+, I was upset that I couldn't get my gmail notifications from day 1, so after calling TMobile tech support and Samsung tech support and no one knowing what else to do ( after doing all trouble shooting options) I was told to send my watch to Samsung to have someone look into it which could take up to 7-10 business days, so now I'm just waiting to see if they can fix the issue or not
0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Come on Samsung, do you actually do any QA on your products before release?

Fix this bug and the others - you charge enough for your watch when you sell it.

Based on this and the other bugs and missing features I am doubting that any testing actually happens before release, perhaps the plan is to use the customers as testers? 

users8qm28NFYK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here with Watch 4 Classic & Note 9. Really inconvenient to have to constantly check the watch to see if I have any email rather than having the watch notify me via vibration.
0 Likes
userofthbjv3KH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Stephanie Nikki any update on this?
Only here there are more then 60 users with the same problem.
Gmail is a must have service in most of the world.

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you have been through the entire article with no change, repairs would be recommended. With it being so new, you may have other options through your retailer as well.

Unfortunately this statement said previously is all I have at this time. We have also escalated this with our product support teams but do not have an answer that I could provide yet. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userDPwXhtMUsq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Stephanie Nikki Can you at least tell us whether or not the Samsung team is aware of this being a very widespread issue? Reading this forum as well as a Reddit forum dedicated to the Galaxy Watch makes it clear that everyone is having this problem with gmail notifications not alerting on the watch. It doesn't make sense to tell individual users to submit warranty claims or troubleshoot their devices when it's clear that this is something that needs to be fixed with a software update.

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung's default stance if it's not on their script is hardware replacement. I'd hate to be their returns department with so many faults that could be fixed by software.

They say the same to any Samsung Odyssey monitor owner which is their flagship gaming monitor with the price to match but they just say replace the monitor when all owners have the same problem (auto source input switch doesn't work).

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

We have indeed escalated this with our teams. The only information provided to us is as states: "Thank you for being a valued Samsung customer and sharing your feedback with us. We are aware of the reports and are currently working with Google to determine a solution as quickly as possible."

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.