Original topic:

Galaxy s21 Ultra 128gb Wifi Calling keeps requiring phone restart

(Topic created: 03-06-2022 09:30 AM)
userk2ujLNr6VZ
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Ok, so I've had my share of issues with the One UI 4 and Android 12 issues from the start. Bluetooth disconnects, both Samsung watches randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Most of them have resolved at this point. (Except for hyper sensitive accelerometer making portait - landscape switching a nightmare.)

The big problem right now is WIFI calling. My house is a cell service black hole. I have a  Verizon 4G signal booster in my home (femtocell) to help mitigate the problem, but the house is large enough that WIFI calling is still a must have.

Several times now I've needed the WIFI calling to kick in, but had my call / video call drop instead. A subsequent test of airplane mode, activate WIFI, and try to make a call leads to a failed call, due to "Airplane mode, no service."

If I reboot my phone and try the same test above then WIFI calling works again, but only once. If I turn airplane mode off, wait a few minutes, and then repeat the above test, I go right back into WIFI calling not being available, and the same "Turn off airplane mode to make this call."

At this point, if I want to make a WIFI call, I have to reboot my phone, turn on airplane mode, and make my call. Once that first call is done, WIFI calling isn't available again. It's there in settings, and according to those settings it should be working. Roaming preference is set to WIFI. 

I've had to factory reset this phone after every major update, and in fact already did so when Android 12 and UI 4 rolled out to try and fix the other myriad of issues. What needs to be done to bring WIFI calling back on my S21 Ultra 128?

4 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Wipe cache partition
0 Likes
userk2ujLNr6VZ
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Gave that a try, and so far WIFI calling has continued working through several airplane mode tests. I'll keep testing in the coming days to see if the problem is solved, or if it returns. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
userk2ujLNr6VZ
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

OK, so that solution worked for about a day or so. Now I'm back to square one with WIFI calling not working unless I reboot the phone, or wipe the partition. Please don't tell me I need to wipe my cache partition every few days or so...

I would've responded sooner, but the samsung community page refuses to work with my phone. "Widget not responding," "Your version of samsung account is out of date," "No updates available for Samsung Account," "Authentication Error..."

Needless to say, I'm getting very frustrated with the Samsung Ecosystem at the moment. My phone is behaving oddly, WIFI Calling not working reliably so I'm missing important calls, and the support system to try and deal with the issue is throwing up consternating road blocks as I go.

0 Likes
handsomehill62
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
How do o set up WIFI on my android
0 Likes