Original topic:

Google Pixel Apps Showing in my Galaxy A 71 5G

(Topic created: 06-09-2022 02:53 PM)
ChristinaCvS
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Hi all!
Since my Android 11 update I have been seeing an app called Android System Intelligence in my Galaxy A71 5G which is only for Google Pixel devices.
I was able to uninstall in using the Google Play Store and disable it under settings>apps as Samsung still uses Android Web View.

Now with Android 12 I am seeing Private Compute Services, another Pixel apps, which is used for AI machine learning in Live Caption, etc., the Accessibility apps in Android 12.

These apps are supposed to be for added security in Pixel devices with Android 12. But, since our Galaxy devices have also now been updated to 12, should they be there?

Although they are said to be "core system apps", both are available for download on Google Play for all.

Does anyone know if Galaxy devices need them?

5 Replies
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Android 12
I would leave these Google apps alone.

0 Likes
luckybrand_24
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
I'm using a Galaxy Note 10 and that same app is on my phone, usually when you can't uninstall an app it's because it's a System app. Of course you can disable but that may affect how your phone operates.
0 Likes
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
Those are part of android 12, not "pixel exclusive" yes its a Google app but Google makes android so naturally the software is by Google. Leave them be
0 Likes
ChristinaCvS
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Hmm. I Uninstalled Android System Intelligence some time ago. It did not reappear with the OS 12 upgrade only the Private Compute Services is there which cannot be uninstalled. I could disable it, but I am letting it ride.
0 Likes
ChristinaCvS
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I found out that Android System Intelligence & Private Compute Services work together, however, since the first is EXCLUSIVELY for Pixel devices, it is unlikely anything will be destabilized in the Android 12 OS by uninstalling Android System Intelligence from the Google Play Store & disabling it Private Compute Services in the app drawer. I usually turn off background mobile data as well whenever I disable an app, especially a Google or Microsoft app like Link to Windows or Your Phone Companion. I never use a computer. I also disable Google Smart Lock as a Trust Agent. Am I paranoid? Some might think so, but I guarantee that it someone attempts to login to my accounts in my phone. I will know.
Not for nothing, but Samsung joining with Microsoft instead of deploying its own servers for storage here in the US was a very bad idea. Samsung Cloud needs its own servers here.
Keeping Samsung Samsung is key. Hopefully it will happen in the future and we will have the option of which to use.
I had someone take over my old computer & Microsoft account by changing my admin password using my Power Shell (Admin) function remotely while I was doing other things online. They used a Notification Panel exploit to get into the machine and "slave" it out to pwn "own" me. The guy is a Google Pixel user. So , my supposed paranoid is justified here. If Samsung has its own, just as Apple's iOS does, this will never happen.
0 Likes