Original topic:

Group text on Galaxy S7 tablet

(Topic created: 01-23-2022 11:22 AM)
userqCmPismX7e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

Group text is broken.

New messages do not show up in the conversation. It starts a new group conversation of 2.

Expected result: When group text is received, latest message should be at bottom of group conversation.
What really happens: New group messages are placed into a new group of 2 people.

Expected result: sending a text to a group of 18, message should show up in the group.

What really happens: message does NOT appear in the group, it only shows up for 1 person.

No group texting settings. Used to work for Android 11.

Things tried so far:
Clear cache, delete data, restart device, Call & Text On Other Devices turned off then on.

Group texting works on all other Devices, why would it be removed only for the tablet When upgraded to Android 12?

4 Replies
tom2044
Sun
Options
Android 12
Same, happened to my tab s7 after one ui4/android 12. Been happening to others as well so hopefully It'll be fixed soon!!
0 Likes
userMi0imliCAb
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I'm also having this problem immediately after the 12 upgrade. All group texts synced from my phone to my S7 plus tablet come in as groups of two. This makes it unusable.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Android 12
Ditto
0 Likes
MasterWilliam
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Same thing here. I have a Tab S7 and an S22 U. The messages appear to sync fine on the phone, but on the tablet, the peope who are chatting in the group message in my family chat pop into my tablet but only, as I've noticed, the last 1-2 people I had added into my contact list. Their respective chats come through individually as though they had just decided to chat wtih me solely, when in reality, that's not the case. Seriously right now, I spent a lot of money on this Samsung Keyboard and this tablet and spent a lot of time setting up all these services and syncs and other stuff all for somethigna simple as texting not to work. It's truly maddening. I'm like, I came from an iPad Air 4 and an iPhone 13 for this? Jesus Christ, get it together. I'm quite frankly tired. Then to cap it all off, so lets say you download Google Messages from the PlayStore. Well, sure you can do that. But it's only syncing with your phone even though it is a whole entire separate app you downloaded from the PlayStore, like it does as if you just synced it over your browser. You can't share links through any apps to the Google Messages app or anything like you would be able to do so on your phone when you see it on your share sheet, EVEN THUOGH you see it there and it comes up as an option. It's BS. It's a mess. Now I see why so many Android phone reviewers STAY caping for iPads. 

0 Likes