Original topic:

Hide notification content until face unlock is recognized

(Topic created: 07-25-2022 08:52 AM)
Isacsito
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I'm bringing this up again because it seems to be constantly ignored by Samsung. We have been requesting this for years now, and it still has yet to happen. It would be a simple feature implementation. Adding on to the "Hide content" option and add "Hide content until unlocked with biometrics". Why are we given the option to stay on the lockscreen with face recognition if this feature doesn't exist? Why does the hide content feature also exist without this? Its extremely inconvenient and a security issue. Apple has been doing this for years. Simply combine the Stay on lock screen with face recognition with hide content! Its not convenient for me to have to recieve a notification, see that it's hidden, unlock my phone, and see what that notification was. You have had many one ui updates to implement this. Android 12 should have it by now. This is getting absurd. It's a basic feature that any user should expect out of a flagship smartphone. 

Edit: hoping this gets enough attention for this to be implemented, can we do it?

0 Likes
8 Replies
DAN003
Comet
Options
Android 12
Mine hides notification until unlocked
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Android 12
Go to samsung shop and search good lock
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Android 12
It's galaxy store
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Android 12
Then search good lock
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Android 12
Actually you don't need this
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Android 12
Go to your device settings go to lock screen and turn off notifications that should not show any notifications on your lock screen
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Android 12
If this helps click on the three dots and accept as solution
0 Likes
userNjSn5WnCEv
Constellation
Options
Android 12
I agree. This should be a basic fix. I use tasker to automatically display my expanded notifications immediately after I unlock my phone. Works as a good workaround for now.
0 Likes