JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home button and unlocking device issues after last update?

(Topic created: 01-12-2022 07:28 AM)
user1M7UYejTuy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

*Solution at the bottom*

Ever since the last update the home button does not take me back to the home screenat all. Also, unlocking my device is bugged as well which unfortunately happens to be the only way to get back to the home screen! This last update is 100% the cause since the issue only started immediately after the last update and did not exist for me until this last update. It's incredibly inconvenient and I literally can't do anything on my phone due to it since switching between app is now a 2 minute task.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Has anyone found a fix?

Somebody posted a work around for the home button issue. Settings>Display>Navigation bar>Swipe Gestures on

Thank you for that HOWEVER, there are some issues: 
1. It has a small learning curve the gesture to go back doesn't really work the same as the back buttons.
2. It's useless for people who utilize the accessibility menu because the home button doesn't work there either and this presents issues for people with dexterity issues.
3. My phone is like 2 years old at this point and the pixels where the buttons used to be are permanently burned with the shape of them there which looks tasteless.

Also, I can't tell if this fixed the issue of unlocking the phone getting stuck on a transition. Will update if it also fixed that.

At the end of the day this is a temporary fix and not a resolution but thank you so much to the person who commented this!

SOLUTION:
This solution was shared with me by someone in the comments who linked a post on reddit. Here is a quote from the post it solved my issue no need to use the swipe navigation bar!

So what seems to have 'fixed' this: I went into Settings-->Apps-->Choose Default Apps and set the home app to Nova7 (or OneUI, whatever you use). I thought it was strange that Mobile Services Manager was showing, so I wanted to disable it, but was unable to. What I did do was go to Settings-->Apps-->Mobile Services Manager and hit Force Stop, and then went into Storage and Clear Data. I then went back to Settings-->Apps-->Mobile Services Manager and removed the permission to access the Phone.

Thank you so much to the person who shared this solution with me :_)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
uservWpe39bPsr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
17 Replies
JenA142
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same. Mine updated overnight and I'm having screen freezing and cannot use my home or back buttons on any screen. Have to close all to access new apps.
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

have you tried it in safe mode? 

have you disabled an app called Mobile Services Manager before the update? 

0 Likes
user1MoY6pgJXD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same issue. Home freezes really bad time as it's my business phone
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

do you recall any changes made before the update? 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when a device doesn't function as intended after an update and would be happy to look into this further for you. What type of device are you using?

As the previous member stated, can you please provide me with your baseband version?

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?  The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Matt1222
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Clearing cache does not fix the issue - I have attempted this 2 times. Baseband: N975USQU7GULD for mine.
user1M7UYejTuy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did clear the cache on my phone and it didn't resolve the issue. My baseband is N975USQU7GULD. This really needs to be fixed since my phone is almost unusable since this last update. My lock screen also freezes after unlocking.
0 Likes
user1MoY6pgJXD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I posted a work around
uservWpe39bPsr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same problem. VERY frustrating! Same baseband. How could this be released with this behavior?