JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I still have bugs from the Android 12 update.

(Topic created: 06-23-2022 06:52 PM)
ethicaodini
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

When my phone updated to Android 12 on January 2022, my notification panel stopped working, I can't turn on/off the wifi, bluetooth or any other button from there. I don't receive any notification on time, only when it 'unblocks' itself like 4 hours later, then it stops working again.

My phone has received 4 updates since January and none of them fixed that problem. I can't even sell this phone because of that. What can I do? I'm so mad at Samsung. This is relatively a new phone.

6 Replies
Solution
Options
Android 12
What I'm about to suggest is going to get a bit complicated if you're not familiar with the boot menu. So write this down or something.

Turn your phone off. Turn it back on by pressing and holding the volume up key, and the power button. Continue to hold them until the Samsung logo appears. Release the power but continue to hold the volume key. If your phone boots normally, try it again but with the volume down key. You should come to a screen with lines of text (probably blue). Use the volume buttons to navigate down to an option that says "Wipe system cache" or something very close to it. Press the power button to select this option. You'll have to verify yes or no on the next screen. Once it's done that, scroll back up to "Reboot system" and press the power button again.

This is a bit of a shot in the dark. But it definitely won't hurt anything. You'll either have fixed the problem or have no noticeable change.

If this doesn't help then you may have to have the latest OS version reflashed on your phone by a service tech.
0 Likes
ethicaodini
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Thank you, SquishySenpai. I'm gonna try this and I'll tell you if it works... Does rebooting the system will delete any of my data? (photos, apps, configuration)?

0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Nope. Everything will still be there. It just clears out junk, temp files etc. Sometimes when you do an update old files get in the way of the new ones.
0 Likes
ethicaodini
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Thank you very much for your explanation! It worked for me. Have a great day.

Options
Android 12
I'm glad I could help! Same to you.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Photos for reference in case you decide to do this.
2022-06-23_20-06-10_1843_1656039970.jpg
0 Likes