Original topic:

Icons moving on their own despite home screen layout being locked

(Topic created: 01-22-2022 08:05 AM)
jxenvyx
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Hello I'm currently using android 12 one ui 4.0 and its been great, however I noticed a couple of days ago that the icons in my favorites on home screen had moved. At first I thought I moved them accidentally so I rearranged them to my liking and locked my home screen layout as shown below.

The following day I noticed my icons had moved and I couldn't have done it since my layout is locked 

I checked my settings on good lock and noticed I had backup/restore home screen layout on. I thought that was causing the issue and turned it off, rearranged my icons again, and locked the screen. This morning the icons have moved again!

Anyone experiencing the same? I know it's a small issue but its very annoying because I like things a certain way.

3 Replies
Philly76
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Same. The bottom row on home screen always reposition themselves upon reboot and I have the setting set to lock the positions.
jxenvyx
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Yeah it's gotten a bit better as in not moving so frequently since the January security update however they still move around.
McDanielTech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
I'm having the same problem. Especially when I change wallpaper. Whether I choose to skip or update the palette to match it, I come back and my taskbar icons are all out of order. Even when I've got the home screen locked. But it won't just let me put them back in order because the home screen is locked so there it decides to honor that and force me to go unlock it in order to put them back in the order in which they belong. Samsung has known about this for a while, it's been reported in multiple posts dating back to at least early January. Maybe it's time for them to fix it.
0 Likes