Original topic:

If Samsung wants to make OneUI 5 faster, then how about they listen to us?

(Topic created: 06-12-2022 09:33 AM)
Options
Android 12
Allowing us to disable the elastic overscroll animation WILL make the UI faster to use. How do I know? Scrolling up and down quickly or while the animation is playing won't work and will feel janky.

Furthermore, you cannot tap anything like a button or an app or ANYTHING while the animation is playing.

Isn't this what Android users want? There is an awful lot of likes on this post here:

If this post gets deleted again, then I give up. I will probably switch to IOS. I have hated every single possible change to OneUI 4 that Samsung has made and the only way I can ever see myself liking OneUI5 is by building that skin off of OneUI3.

Want to copy Apple? Elastic overscroll isn't the way to do it! Apple's animation is a BOUNCE that does NOT stretch the contents of the screen AND allows you to press what you need to **bleep**g press while the animation is playing.

Oh yeah, that overscroll? Applies to Chrome browsers and I can't figure out how to disable it even with flags. When I am viewing an image for instance, it stretches when I scroll down. I can't escape it.

3 Replies
egor0128
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Yes I know what you are talking about.
Yamialex224
Supernova
Options
Android 12
You know you can enable developer options and disable animations right
Options
Android 12
But that looks terrible. How hard would it be to add a setting to disable literally that one animation instead, let alone make it look like it did in Android 11 and below since that older animation is still in the Android 12 codebase! Or at least I can still see it used in some older apps.
0 Likes