JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Dual Sim Unlock

(Topic created: 11-19-2021 03:33 AM)
SriSams
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Anyone knows when samsung I going to release the update to enable the eSim or Sim card manager on unlocked Note 20 Ultra for ATT users? ATT they already sent in to the Samsung. 

Waiting for so long.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SriSams
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Just to update, the dual sim is enabled after update it to One UI 4 / latest update/ release. Hope it helps to all. Thanks.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
It's already available to carriers. T-Mobile sent the update a few months back so if AT&T wants to enable it for its customers, it would have been done by now. Carriers are the ones not allowing the feature, not just Samsung's decision.
0 Likes
SriSams
Constellation
Options
Android 12
ATT released it a month ago to their devices already. But unlocked phones are controlled by Samsung it should be released by Samsung only.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
Ok. Since SD phones sold unlocked in the US didn't have the feature for whatever reason, Samsung definitely need to have this discussion and provide it unless there is still opposition.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Samsung has this tendency to treat customers like **bleep** until they are impacted at the bottom line. I bought the unlock version from Samsung and T-Mobile tech support and I have spent at least 5 hours on calls with Samsung tech support.

Samsung tried the blame game of saying T-Mobile should have instructions to do it. This stopped when T-Mobile support stayed with me for over 1 hour on the phone with Samsung. Then, they revert to a higher up manager will call to make a decision. We waited online. Then, they said the high up will call my phone later on same day. By then it was over 1.5 hrs. The T-Mobile tech dropped but the Samsung higher up never called me. I called back after three hours but was kept on hold again. Two days after and no call from Samsung.

See, I will give another year of use on my Note 20 Ultra 5G and wait for the iPhone 14 Pro. ANYONE WHO IS SANE AND READING THIS SHOULD DO THE SAME.

Either this is s capture thing with Samsung to lie by promising something at launch and then shying away later on. This is deceptive and unprofessional from a company. Sad thing is that they have a history of this, even include false promises on their Galaxy Watch line.
SriSams
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Agree, happened to me several times. Samsung is really terrible with customer support.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Red Giant
Options
Android 12
T-Mobile enabled eSIM on their carrier locked Note20 Ultra. Still not available on unlocked phones which is where Samsung comes in unless opposed by networks.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12

I was on the phone with T-Mobile tech support and Samsung tech support at once. T-Mobile said they have rolled out the program but seem not to be able to do so for unlocked. That asked Samsung tech how that can be done. Samsung tech had no explanation.

If you call Samsung tech, they will blame the carrier. I was fortunate to have all three of us on the phone at once and the blame is with  Samsung.

SriSams
Constellation
Options
Android 12
I did same with ATT, called carrier and samsung. Carrier clearly mentioned that they rolled out the patch to samsung. But samsung doesn't know when they are going to release for unlocked phones. I confirmed the same for T-Mobile as well same issue.
Solution
SriSams
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Just to update, the dual sim is enabled after update it to One UI 4 / latest update/ release. Hope it helps to all. Thanks.
0 Likes