Original topic:

One UI S21 Moisture in port issue is unfixable without rollback or reset

(Topic created: 04-01-2022 01:01 PM)
useriGE6iJAw1F
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Phone Galaxy S21 (standard)

- Installed One UI on March 31st, phone at 100% everything smooth, no weird restarts no installation interruptions.Wake up today, phone at 40%, go to charge it -> "Moisture found in charging port" absolutely will not charge over hard wire.Tried multiple charging bricks, multiple cables and 2 power banks. Phone does not charge over wire except for 1 scenario.

- Finally reached 0% and the phone dies, I plug it in and the charging circle shows up but no percentage, no green light. This is going on for about 5 min and then I get the same moisture content warning even when the phone is off. Either way this 5 min of "non-charging" actually charges me to 1% allowing me to turn on the phone and try to fix the software. I follow the tried and tested ways (have had this issue years back on the S9 after an update as well). Have gone through  a couple 0 - 1% charge cycles trying to get the following software fixes:

Force Stopping the Android System could remove this error from the device, if your device is still on, then immediately follow the below steps.

1. Go to the Settings
  2. Scroll down to Device Maintenance.
  3. Tap Battery.
  4. Select Battery Usage.
  5. Look for the Android System.
  6. And tap Force Stop.

Clear USBSettings Data
S21 moisture detected won’t go away could be an minor software glitch, and the best possible ways to fix moisture detected S21 issue is to clear USBSettings Data, since device is showing moisture in charging port. Don’t worry, it won’t affect any personal data or settings.

1. Open the Settings App.
  2. Find and tap Apps.
  3. Tap on three-horizontal
  4. Search USBSettings. If it is not available, then tap on down button next to Your apps, and select Show System Apps
  5. Now search for USBSettings.
  6. Tap Storage.
  7. Tap Clear Data and confirm.

Both of these methods solve the issue instantly, or so they would, if the One UI 4.1 did not remove both of these services from the phone. There is no more Android Systems and neither is there USBSettings. Further I can even find where to clear app data. I suspect these options have been completely hidden from the user.
What to do now? Tried Samsung Support, they insist I go see a technician. What for? I want to roll back the update and keep the files on my phone. Anyone has any suggestions?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Android 12
After any update, the first thing I do is reset the system cache. And clearing app data is not hidden lol. Go to settings>apps>"app">storage

Also battery cycling was a tried and tested method, but it doesn't do anything but kill your battery anymore. Don't do it seriously.
Did you clean your USB ports? I would never try it with the old micro slots, but USB C is made of sturdier stuff.
0 Likes
useriGE6iJAw1F
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the menu ? 

"Go to settings>apps>"app">storage"

I described this exact method in my second solution and as I said neither Android Systems nor USBSystems is showing up under the apps in UI 4.1. I suspect both of these have been removed from the app list or renamed. Either way, I am assuming the only other option called "Android System Intelligence" is the new "Android Systems". Where does that get me, well nowhere actually because the cash can not be cleared from this app and neither can I force stop it. Yes I have checked the system apps and neither of the apps are there.

Yes the old UI had the exact solution you described.

I have cycled the battery twice out of necessity, I can no turn on the phone otherwise. It is absolutely not a hardware issue.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Options
Android 12
"Would you mind taking a screenshot of the menu ?"

Of clearing system cache? You need to boot into the recovery. Should work the same way I think. Power off completely, hold "volume ±" and "power" until you see the first android screen. Immediately let go of the power button, while keeping a finger on volume.

You'll see a menu here. Wipe the cache and you could boot up from here, but you should instead use "Repair apps". This will boot up with app optimization that happens after every update. Galaxy Guardians App Booster is actually just this, app optimization while phone is on btw.

This cache you're wiping is not the individual caches of your apps, but it's just as harmless. If my phone starts acting funky, it's one of my first responses.
--

I don't know if I would be looking to force stop Android System honestly. It's package name is just "Android" on my S21 Ultra. Apps like that on debloat lists usually get marked with "DANGEROUS DO NOT TOUCH".

But if you're really looking to try it and you aren't afraid of fixing a possible brick, then the choice is clear. Use ADB. You can even do it wirelessly now, with something like Tasker you can log into ADB of your phone, from your phone.

I really do recommend studying the package names before committing to mess with anything. I don't even do this and I know how, but some people like to mess around a little more. 🤷‍:male_sign:

And Android System Intelligence has nothing to do with this. That's more linked to notification actions and the newer actions that Android gives you for automatic copying of parts of a message. I suppose Android System might have gotten rolled into Android OS? I'm pretty sure package name "android" didn't just get deleted lol
0 Likes
theblackcobra
Nebula
Options
Android 12
This entire moisture warning thing is being posted by so many users. Samsung needs to address this. Give users the option to disable this feature. It goes off for absolutely no reason.
evoxian79
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Jun 15th and the problem still exists.....to the best of my knowledge no moisture has not gotten into my phone, none of the "tricks" as far as clearing cache or charging phone wirelessly till full, using a hairdryer set on cool etc etc  are working   its been 48 hrs and still getting the moisture detected error

0 Likes