Original topic:

Picture in Picture

(Topic created: 01-05-2022 11:32 AM)
PogPaper
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Before updating to android 12 from android 11, everything was great. New themed icons, and much more customization. The thing I use the most, is picture in picture. I listen to music while picture in picture I hide the picture in picture in the side of my screen. Now with android 12 when I hide my picture in picture the video pauses, and I don't want it to pause. I have to lose an inch of my screen to view content and listen to music at the same time. Does anybody know a solution?
4 Replies
LenaCheney
Nebula
Options
Android 12
For some reason on music YouTube videos I can't use PIP on my android 12 galaxy either
0 Likes
iPhone_FTW
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Try YouTube in the browser instead of the app. Then minimize and report back if it works.
0 Likes
ConorSmith
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
It's youtube, Alphabet is greedy and evil. They lock basic functionality behind a paywall. If you pay for youtube you get the ability to listen to music videos with PIP and other things that ought to be standard
0 Likes
nathaniels_
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

Some replies are missing the point- this isn't about the music videos that have PiP disabled because music. Those were already like that before android 12. There are other videos containing music that aren't detected as such and can be listened to using PiP, which is what PogPaper was probably using. After the android 12 update though, when you hide PiP to the side of the screen it automatically pauses, whether it's music or not. I'm trying to listen to a livestream as white noise while making art, but can't actually get the noise in question if I set it aside because of the automatic pausing. I was wondering why the streamer was so uncharacteristically quiet 😕

0 Likes