JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recent Apps Button Only Showing Samsung Apps

(Topic created: 03-26-2022 06:50 AM)
usergLmEtcSzmM
Constellation
Options
Android 12

After the most recent update to my Galaxy S21, I noticed the 'recent apps button' located in the bottom left corner now only shows Samsung apps (calculator, calendar, alarm clock, file folder, etc.). It used to show the most recent apps used and would dynamically change based on my most recently used apps. This is how I've navigated my phone for years, and now it has just magically disappeared, making it extremely inconvenient to access my most recently used apps. 

Screenshot_20220322-094403_One UI Home.jpg

341 Replies
TURB042O
Comet
Options
Android 12
install good lock > home up and from there you can change your recents how it looks and such.

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.homestar

Good Lock is an app made by Samsung which allows you to completely customize your Galaxy phone or tablet experience, letting you mess about with and change all manners of things. For instance, you can use it for everything from altering the appearance of your task launcher to replacing the icons on your navigation bar.

please add a ❤.

hope this helps!Screenshot_20220326-065413_One UI Home.png
usercDDLBcG4tX
Constellation
Options
Android 12
It's a system feature, I'm not installing a third party app for something that the phone is already supposed to do
TURB042O
Comet
Options
Android 12
its not exactly a 3rd party ... it is on the galaxy store and highly recommended.

I understand it's a "system feature". and I'm trying to tell you how to fix that..

Good Lock is an app made by Samsung which allows you to completely customize your Galaxy phone or tablet experience, letting you mess about with and change all manners of things. For instance, you can use it for everything from altering the appearance of your task launcher to replacing the icons on your navigation bar.Screenshot_20220326-091355_Good Lock_98213_1648304040.jpgScreenshot_20220326-091404_Good Lock_98215_1648304049.jpg
Marshyboi
Comet
Options
Android 12
It's not third party at all. It's from Samsung. It just gives you more customization features, to make your phone more personalized to your liking.
mdavidf
Comet
Options
Android 12
Good Lock is not a third party app. Besides, if you're going to the Recent Apps and nothing is showing in the Recommended area then you turned it off.
0 Likes
userRqaqPAsun2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

A workaround.  If you turn on the Edge Panel in settings, then open the Edge panel by swiping from the side of your phone, click the three lines, then "edit", and then the three dot menu, there should be a switch for recent apps.  Then the most recent 4 apps show up at the top of my edge panel.

0 Likes
userRqaqPAsun2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

I was wrong, actually the Edge Panel does not provide the same functionality.  It shows only the four most recent *open* apps.  As soon as the app is closed it gets removed from the Edge Panel recent apps pane.

The recently used apps function would always show the four most recent apps, even after they were closed.  This was extremely useful indeed.  One click to open an app you used recently.

Please Samsung.  Bring back this basic functionality!

cbot
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Same as the title. Currently running Android 12 and One UI 4.0 on my Galaxy S21+, and installed the March security update last night. Now I'm noticing that my four recent apps on the recents page are always stock Samsung apps (Notes, Files, Health, Calculator, Gallery) + Settings, regardless of which apps I actually use. Will wait to see if this changes in the next few days, but it's been annoying to deal with so far.
userqYOryd9uBE
Constellation
Options
Android 12
My S21 Ultra is behaving very peculiar after UI4 as well. It randomly hides the home buttons, changes my wifi network settings, "forgets" Bluetooth devices, turns wifi on ALL the time, even with the "smart" wifi turned on, etc. etc. etc. I had very similar experiences with my Note10+ that I traded in for this device under the suggestion of the Verizon sales clerk... He talked me out of buying an iPhone 13. Samsung "bricked" my Note 9 with an update, and I fear this is headed for a similar fate 😕
cbot
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Makes no difference as far as I can tell, but thanks for the suggestion