JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 Battery Issue

(Topic created: 01-19-2022 03:41 PM)
Typho
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I've had my S10 for about 2 years now, and I've noticed that the battery is very inconsistent. I don't fully charge my phone, and I don't leave it plugged in overnight. The times that I have fully charged or left plugged in overnight, I've noticed that 99-90% goesextremely fast. I'm talking 10 minutes of just being on the home screen, or doing simple tasks like browsing through my settings. Plus most of my apps are sleeping or deep sleeping. (I've put hungry apps in deep sleep) Is there an issue with my battery, or am I misusing my phone?

(This is my current battery capacity)

13 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Battery lifetime degradation no doubt.

At this moment, about all you might try is to allow the battery to drain fully, then charge to 100%

The idea being, this is to "calibrate" the battery so it knows where 0% and 100% are

But again, batteries typically don't maintain as long of a lifetime as we'd wish
Typho
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I'll do that tonight
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Android 12
Correct. You phone already doesn't have a big battery and after 2 years of using it. But I agree drain it all the way down then charge it back up
0 Likes
SaneiPlushie
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Didn't charged my phone last and it was at 40%. The next morning when I woke up, the phone was already dead. That never happened with One UI 3.
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Android 12
Ya battery shouldn't drain from 40 percent to 0 over night for sure. I'm on oneui 4 and over night I lose about 5 percent battery life. How long have u had android 12 maybe ur battery needs time to adjust to Android 12
0 Likes
SaneiPlushie
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Idk I got the exynos version so yours probably got snapdragon that's why it performs better.
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Android 12
I do have the snapdragon version and I'm sorry u got that chip. It's proven to be worse and shouldn't even be in that phone. If it's not equal they shouldn't even use the exynos and it's not even close to being equal
0 Likes
SaneiPlushie
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
What's even worse is that it constantly overheats that my phone won't let me charge. Totally regret buying the Exynos version.Screenshot_20220119-094712_Samsung Members.png
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Android 12
So sorry to hear that where are u located it has to be somewhere other than south Korea snd the United States. I'm in the us. The exynos is using a different cooling system for sure I watched a YouTube video of someone tearing down 2 different s21 ultras with where different chips set and they have different cooling systems
0 Likes