Original topic:

S21 Android 12 Chrome Display of Video Streaming from Blue Iris to UI3 : Disrupted

(Topic created: 05-17-2022 08:47 PM)
bbdude
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I have a home security camera setup using Blue Iris security software which runs on a dedicated PC and includes a web server which streams video to clients that can run a web browser (eg PC / edge browser or my S21 cell phone running Chrome browser). This was all running fine using my S21 with Android 11. Since the Android 12 update, when playing video clips using the UI3 web interface / HTML 5 / Chrome browser, the first ~4 seconds of the clip is flickering or flashing after that the image stabilizes and the remainder of the video plays back with no disruptions. This happens regardless of whether I am on Wi-Fi or cell data. For comparison, I have no problem streaming HD video using YouTube. 

I did one other test : I pulled out my old Google Pixel 2 phone (which still runs Android 11, no longer active for cell data), charged it up and tried the same process on Wi-Fi. All Blue Iris UI3 streaming data was displayed smoothly, from beginning to end, with no flickering or flashing.

So, any suggestions as to what might have been changed (going from Android 11 -> 12) in video streaming to the S21 / Chrome Browser?

2 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

Contact the app developers as they are the ones who will fix the issue.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
bbdude
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Bill-e thanks for your response. I haven't directly contacted Blue Iris Tech Support, but I did post on their forum. I was looking to see if anyone else has experienced the same behavior as I am with their Android 12 cell phone. The 1 response I got was :
"My Samsung S10 is running Android 12, and the BI5 app is fine. Are you able to test the app on another cell phone ?"

So I tried his suggestion, using my old Google Pixel 2 / Android 11 and saw with that phone, on Wi-Fi, that all Blue Iris video clips and imagery were totally stable (no flickering or flashing). This was the test I described above.

Then going back to my Samsung S21, also on Wi-Fi, with the same streaming settings, I reconfirmed that the flashing/flickering symptom is still occurring with the newer phone (S21 and Android 12).

So, I don't know if that conclusively implicates S21 / Android 12 but I figured it might be worth checking with this forum in case in case anyone has seen new anomalies with video streaming on Android 12.

0 Likes