Original topic:

S21 plus Android 12 Windows 10 not seeing photos on phone

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 10:01 AM)
JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
After receiving the Android 12 update my windows 10 computer no longer detects my photos on my phone. Is this a known issue? Are the any work arounds to fix the issue?
76 Replies
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Check the Developer Option setting:

Default USB Configuration
0 Likes
JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Thanks, I'll try it later and see
0 Likes
JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Fyi, that didn't solve issue
0 Likes
MichaelP1
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I have the same problem.  I normally connect to a PC (Win7, 8.1 or 10) through USB then download and organize my photos that way.  Since the update the folders where the photos are normally stored (for instance Computer\Galaxy S21 5G\Internal storage\DCIM\OpenCamera) show as empty folders.  I have rebooted the phone multiple times and twice just after a reboot I was able to see the photos again, but now it seems to still be an issue after several reboots.  Does anyone from Samsung monitor these forums?  Is there a fix for their faulty update???

JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Hey sorry to hear, but glad to know it's not just me. It sounds like you do about the same thing I do with photos.
I still don't have a fix.
I wondered too if Samsung knows about this issue.
Keep me posted if you get any resolution. Thanks.
MichaelP1
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Additional info: Also since the update the phone will frequently crash Windows Explorer while trying to view the folders with the photos.  In other words, I click on a folder such as the aforementioned OpenCamera one, and the window just locks up eventually requiring a reboot of the PC.

0 Likes
JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I'm not having other issues, at least not aware yet. In the meantime, I've been using Google photos to transfer from that site. I'd rather not involve internet though, as my W7 has connectivity issues.
0 Likes
userJEKCRZyjM8
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Any solution found for the issue? I have the same issue with my Samsung S21. Unable to download photos as they are not getting listed on my windows computer. It happened after the recent Samsung update. Looking for a fast resolution, please

JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I still have nothing. I'll let you know if do. Please do likewise.
You'd think samsung would monitor this and get solution. Frustrating!