Original topic:

S21 plus Android 12 Windows 10 not seeing photos on phone

(Topic created: 12-29-2021 04:11 PM)
JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
After receiving the Android 12 update my windows 10 computer no longer detects my photos on my phone. Is this a known issue? Are the any work arounds to fix the issue?
76 Replies
Alex991
Constellation
Options
Android 12

The same problem, can't see or back up camera folder anymore. It shows up as empty.

0 Likes
AskDad
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I guess it's not only me as Samsung wants me to go to repair shop to check . It's 100% after their update. I think not all got the same issue but many
0 Likes
user7djBXQxuiZ
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Solution that worked on my wife's S21+ with this issue:

Create a New Temp folder outside the DCIM folder and transfer a few photos/videos to this new folder. Access this folder from the PC, this way the DCIM/Camera wont kill the file recogniton. Cut/Paste those files to a folder on the PC and repeat.

Little time consuming but it worked.

0 Likes
AskDad
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Well, I tired and it doesn't work for me. My s21 + works just fine after update. I think the problem randomly
0 Likes
AskDad
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Wow, Samsung moved folder so no one can see it? Already month pass no one fixed the issue
AskDad
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Same problem with s21 Ultra. Called many times to support and they can't fix it. Issue after update. They still didn't fix it
0 Likes
userAQhURGmRUv
Constellation
Options
Android 12

When I plug my Galaxy S21 phone to my PC, the internal storage folders are empty.  However, when I look at my files on my phones, I can see photos, downloads, etc.  I used several different phone cords, cleared the cache and data in the camera, checked my computer for updates.  What can I do?  I really want to get the photos and videos off of my phone.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12
Open the settings and then navigate to the advanced Feature settings, and then click on link to windows and then follow the steps, you may also want to use the Samsung dex application which can be enabled in the same menuScreenshot_20211207-182524_Settings_2515_1638919524.jpg
0 Likes
DannyBoy91
Nebula
Options
Android 12
When you plug your phone in, make sure that it's unlocked...like you can see the home screen. That's the problem you're having.
0 Likes
userAQhURGmRUv
Constellation
Options
Android 12

My home screen is unlocked and it still shows the internal folders as empty.  

0 Likes