Original topic:

S21 plus Android 12 Windows 10 not seeing photos on phone

(Topic created: 11-20-2021 09:24 AM)
JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
After receiving the Android 12 update my windows 10 computer no longer detects my photos on my phone. Is this a known issue? Are the any work arounds to fix the issue?
76 Replies
DannyBoy91
Nebula
Options
Android 12
Once you have your phone unlocked with the home screen on, then you'll see what's in the internal storage on your computer.
userWvZrhsAMFi
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

I had this problem and so far I have been able to fix it. When I plug my phone into my laptop via USB, I get a push notification on my phone for the USB connection. When I click on that, it takes me to USB Settings. I changed the default setting for how to use the USB from transferring files to transferring images.  After doing that, I can see the photos in my Camera folder from my laptop.

TCAnelle
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I hadn't checked it in a while, but got a software update yesterday (Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G on Sprint-TMobile) and now I'm able to see all the contents of my DCIM/Camera folder when connected to my Windows laptop. 

JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I'll have to check. I haven't even tried for long time as frustrated with it. I was transferring using Google photos...
0 Likes
userzOkeFsZ2v9
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Is there any resolution this? I have a Galaxy S21 on A12 and using Windows 10. When trying to transfer photos using USB, my computer doesn't find any photos or videos to import, despite my phone storage being almost full from the thousands of photos/videos. I want to transfer them to my laptop as a second back-up, but File Explorer shows no photos or videos in my DCIM/Camera folder. Help!

0 Likes
JohnP146
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I haven't tried importing for a while, so idk. I'm still watching though what others are doing.
0 Likes
Members_n0vzTSY
Constellation
Options
Android 12

I tried everything. Android 12, Galaxy Tab S7 SM-T870. 

The only way to get into USB options that I could find was connecting, then swipe down for notifications. There's a "USB  for File Transfer" or something, probably at the bottom. Tap it then tap "Tap for other UB Options". At the top set "USB Controlled by" to "Connected device". Yes to any popups.

The interesting part is that when I unplug and plug and go through the above it's reset to "this Device". But I still see the storage on the tablet. And it survives a computer or tablet reboot.

0 Likes