JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy s10+ not recieving Andoid 12 or security updates.

(Topic created: 04-12-2022 03:02 AM)
user5OyBaVvPRE
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy s10+ and switched to Xfinity Mobile in November of 2021. Since that time I have not been receiving OTA updates, including Android 12, which was supposed to go to Xfinity customers in January. I am typing this on April 12th 2022. My last update was a security patch on October 1st 2021 - this was when I was still on Verizon. Nothing since then. No updates after switching to Xfinity Mobile. There "tech support" (sales people) unsurprisingly, have no ideas. Manually updating says there are no updates available. I have also tried updating through Samsung Smart Switch on a Windows 10 PC and it also says the phone is up to date - and shows that it is running Android 11. The fact this phone has not even received a security update in over 6 months, despite being on a "quarterly" update scheduled, along with the fact the Android 12 rollout schedule says Xfinity customers were to start getting it in January - 4 months ago, suggests something is wrong to me. I have been an Android user for over 10 years and have always received updates within a couple weeks of the roll out beginning. I cannot imagine the Android 12 rollout is still taking place after 4 month, plus why have I not received any security updates? I am not sure what to do, no one in their customer service - which seems to be an Indian call center where they just read from a script, seems to have any ideas, or desire to provide any assistance. Sorry to be so wordy. I guess I am just asking is this normal, or does it sound like something is wrong? Four months in an awful long time for a roll out, and why no security updates? I should have received one, if not two, by this time. Again, the phone says the last one was October 1st 2021. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

@user5OyBaVvPRE Does you phone have the Verizon splash screen when you boot it? I

If so, it has the Verizon firmware installed. Since you are on Xfinity, the software update process is only looking for updates relate to Xfinity. The solution is to either flash your phone with the Xfinity firmware or the unlocked firmware. Or hop on the Verizon network just long enough to check for, and download, the updates. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Oxford
Sun
Options
Android 12
You need to contact Xfinity mobile as they are the ones that provide the updates after they receive it from Samsung.
Solution
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Android 12

@user5OyBaVvPRE Does you phone have the Verizon splash screen when you boot it? I

If so, it has the Verizon firmware installed. Since you are on Xfinity, the software update process is only looking for updates relate to Xfinity. The solution is to either flash your phone with the Xfinity firmware or the unlocked firmware. Or hop on the Verizon network just long enough to check for, and download, the updates. 

alvino
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Up date my email address
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Flash it manually using Odin
0 Likes
user5OyBaVvPRE
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Just wanted to post a quick thanks to all who helped. Got it working. I was thinking the same thing LongHiker was saying, (though it does boot with the Xfinity Mobile Screen) that I needed, but was not getting, the Verizon version. Thought I was going to have to flash manually with Odin, which is not that big a deal, but there is always the risk of a problem. Ended up tying an old, inactive Verizon sim card first, after reading another post from someone going from Xfinity to AT&T and a similar problem. Seemed like a long shot - but thankfully it worked. I had thought of flashing manually with Odin, but was hoping to avoid it. I would never have thought an old sim card I thought was useless would be the solution. Anyway, problem solved, and, after 4 updates, I am running Android 12 with the March 2022 security patch. Thank you all for you quick and helpful responses.