Original topic:

Show lockscreen content with biometrics recognized

(Topic created: 06-21-2022 04:38 PM)
SourPickleSauce
Constellation
Options
Android 12
I'm bringing this up again because it seems to be constantly ignored by Samsung. We have been requesting this for years now, and it still has yet to happen. It would be a simple feature implementation. Adding on to the "Hide content" option and add "Hide content until unlocked with biometrics". Why are we given the option to stay on the lockscreen with face recognition if this feature doesn't exist? Why does the hide content feature also exist without this? Its extremely inconvenient and a security issue. Apple has been doing this for years. Simply combine the Stay on lock screen with face recognition with hide content! Its not convenient for me to have to recieve a notification, see that it's hidden, unlock my phone, and see what that notification was. You have had many one ui updates to implement this. Android 12 should have it by now. This is getting absurd. It's a basic feature that any user should expect out of a flagship smartphone. 

UPDATE: so I just spent 2 hours researching into this, and I ended up implementing the feature my self using an app called "TrustNotify". I connected my phone to my windows pc, did some adb and cmd stuff, and the feature is now on my SAMSUNG phone. If anyone wants this feature as bad as I did, there is a guide on android gadget hacks website. 

Edit: hoping this gets enough attention for this to be implemented, can we do it?

2 Replies
Ỻᴀɴᴄᴇ
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
interacting to help the cause.
0 Likes
SourPickleSauce
Constellation
Options
Android 12
Much appreciated