Original topic:

Since recent update phone drops wifi connection and says incorrect password

(Topic created: 05-04-2022 01:52 PM)
userHByVIZcqNd
Astronaut
Options
Android 12

I've received 2 system updates to my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G within a days of each other. After the first one I noticed that when I got home my phone didn't connect to my home Wi-Fi even though Wi-Fi was turned on. I checked the setting and it was on but it was saying that my password is incorrect. I simply tapped the connection to retry and it connects without re-entering the password. Later I noticed that it had dropped the signal again and showed the same thing. Two days later I got another system update. I was hoping that one would fix the issue but it has continued. I've not clocked how long it holds onto the Wi-Fi connection before dropping it again (all without leaving the house) but it isn't very long. It still connects without re-entering the password again though by simply tapping on the connection again in the Wi-Fi settings.

I've tried turning off/on the Wi-Fi adapter, I've had it forget the connection altogether and re-entered the password as if it was the first time all over again but neither changed anything. I've rebooted several times still no change. I've forgot the connection then turned off the Wi-Fi then rebooted the phone and then turned on the Wi-Fi again but I keep getting the same thing. The password is correct and it will connect but not for very long without dropping the signal again and saying incorrect password. I've reset my modem/router several times as well but I'm not having this issue with any other wireless device in my house. This has all been going on for about a week to 10 days now. Any ideas what might be done about this that I've not already tried?

My wireless carrier is AT&T

David

3 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Android 12

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
ResqRN
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I am having the same issue! Moved last month and all my wireless stuff is connected but my phone (Samsung 20). Tried manually entering with no luck! Says password is incorrect! Tried resetting network several times and know I am entering correct password! Help!!
0 Likes
DocaTafnerUS
Constellation
Options
Android 12

Plus one to this. Mine is a Note9 Snapdragon, copper, sold in Brazil.

I was giving up hope trying to find someone with the same issue.

One thing which alleviated the situtation is to disable IPv6 on the local network. Don't ask me why, makes no sense.

Another thing I've tried is in Developer Options to disable a flag which reads something like "Wi-Fi Serch Acceleration". It seems stable, but it still disconnecteds.

One question: Does anyone of you have every used Wi-Fi sinchronization with a Galaxy Watch or other Galaxy Wear device? I believe this could be a potential issue as well.

0 Likes