Original topic:

Smart Unlock Doesn't actually Unlock!!!!

(Topic created: 05-12-2022 03:28 PM)
Zeoran
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Ever since I got my Note 20 Ultra 5G, I've tried to use the Smart Unlock feature to...you know, unlock my phone and keep it unlocked.  Whether it's at my home (by location) or just being within range of me, so bluetoothed to my watch and/or earpiece.  And not for ONE SINGLE DAY has it actually worked.  

I've followed every troubleshooting step, including resetting the feature, more times than I can count.  The phone has gone through at least 4 forced updates since I got it, yet the "feature" remains broken as **bleep**.  

Samsung?????

8 Replies
galaxy_lol
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
There's a chance that your phone simply hasn't updated its location status in a while. If this is the case, Smart Lock will stop working, as Trusted Places needs a fairly recent location report before it will unlock your phone.
Zeoran
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

That only explains the location-based unlock.  I have 2 trusted devices that I use endlessly, starting with my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic that should keep it unlocked ANY time it's within 25' of me. 

galaxy_lol
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
What is your lock type(s)?
0 Likes
Zeoran
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I usually use pattern.  I have fingerprints registered though.  

galaxy_lol
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Maybe you can use Google smart lock? Are these the same thing?
0 Likes
Zeoran
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Google smart lock isn't an option on Samsung phones.

0 Likes
galaxy_lol
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Oh really? I thought I had google smart lock on my note 10Screenshot_20220513-091619_Settings.png
0 Likes
Zeoran
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

Well that's great for your Note 10, but on my Note 20 Ultra, it won't even show up in the Play store.  I can send you a screenshot if you want proof against your snarky answer.  

0 Likes