Original topic:

Software update...

(Topic created: 06-24-2022 06:18 PM)
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Android 12

So is this update the 1.7gb or whatever the size was. I wonder why it didn't automatically update. I had to manually do it. 

8 Replies
Options
Android 12
Because you are on cellular service and not on a WiFi connection. It checks for updates more frequently on WiFi than it does on a mobile connection.
0 Likes
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
No but I'm on wifi. All my devices go to wifi at home and only 1 of them being able to make calls. The other is data only.

Now my galaxy Tab 7lite and S22 Ultra got the update but not the Tab S8+5G. It's last update was March. What gives.
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
I may be wrong on this one, but I believe tablets are on a different, slower update cycle. My tablet got major updates usually months after my phone.
0 Likes
PowerUser
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
1.7GB and that's from T-Mobile? Holy cow!
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Android 12
Probably Samsung had issues to fix and features to add.

0 Likes
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
I haven't seen a clue to any of them yet. Again I was surprised I had to manually do the update since I'm on auto.
0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Android 12
I believe it depends on when your phone automatically sends request to the update server. It may take few days or longer for update to appear by itself.

0 Likes
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
Well it's actually a Samsung update from what I've read but I am with T-mobile. Yeah, 1.7gb is huge.
0 Likes