Original topic:

Update S21 2022

(Topic created: 04-26-2022 08:27 AM)
Ctaylor82
Constellation
Options
Android 12

CANNOT begin to explain how horrible the s21 is after the 2022 April forcible update. I tried not to do update because I had just done alot of work and  in the back of my mind I had feel something was going to go wrong!! Sure enough, after my device updated on its own after I had clicked later a few times I have now have lost so much and things no longer work, work correctly, or can be used with device that had been used just fine prior to new update. What can we do about this problem Samsung? People are losing money and important files/documents and possibly their lives due to the reliance of certain medical assisting apps that have now stopped working ie my heart rate monitor I rely on several times a day due to a resting heart rate of 170 along with other apps that are now useless or unusable. I believe this should be fixed or current users of this device prior to horrible update should have a right to exchange for another exceptable comparable but working device!

FYI, this post made using childs old lg5 stylo with home wifi not s21

6 Replies
player5
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
First of all hi and 2nd your phone go a corrupt update and u can go back to the old version without coding it back
VenomBoi
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
When there is a system update, u might want to update some of your apps. Or the app developer needs to fix bugs
VenomBoi
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
Most system updates are issued to fix bugs, it you stil have bugs, it could be an app
0 Likes
Options
Android 12
Any update can be defective with bugs. Also people have to realize that when a big update comes some apps need to be updated manually. No, software nor phone is perfect. Yes I understand the frustration, this big update made my phone crazy. I did a soft reset and other steps, I use my phone daily and I always research out there to see what I can do to fix whatever issues my phone is having.
0 Likes
VenomBoi
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
I also had to uninstall and reinstall some apps
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

it varies per carrier but some allow you to disable automatic update or I think it's called smart update.

if you are having issues , you can report them as you see it happen using the samsung members app > get help > error report

0 Likes