JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wrong keylayout mapping for Playstation DualSense Controller

(Topic created: 02-11-2022 11:23 PM)
carvalhopatrick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

After updating my phone (S20 FE / SM-G780G) to OneUI 4 / Android 12, I couldn't use my Playstation DualSense controller properly with the phone anymore.

Some of the keybindings for it are completely wrong. For instance, when I press "triangle" I get the action mapped to "L1" in game. "X" gives me the action for "circle", etc. Worst of all, the right analog stick axis is mapped to L2 and R2 triggers, while the L2 and R2 are mapped to right analog axis.

After investigating the issue, I've found that the keylayout file for the controller is wrong. The file is located at /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_054c_Product_0ce6.kl

To conclude that it's wrong, I've compared the keycodes the controller generates when it's plugged in to my PC to those mapped to the file. The mismatched mappings are consistent to the faults I'm experiencing.

I hope this will get fixed in future patches. As far as I have searched, this is an issue affecting many Samsung phones on Android 12.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Petrolane
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung, will you fix this? If not, I will root and fix it myself.

Petrolane
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Samsung, all you have to do is take the Vendor_054c_Product_0ce6.kl file from the Fold 3 and replace it on all the current Samsung android 12 devices. Simple

JPLC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

For what it's worth, it looks like the European Samsung Community support forums also have a similar issue posted.

userPDQJwn6HBW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I can confirm here too that dualsense works fine on a S21 Ultra (SM-G998B, fw G998BXXU4CVB8), but not in a Tab S6 SM-865 with the latest fw T865XXU5DVC3. the buttons are all wrong.

Petrolane
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I found a fix....sort of.....

I recently bought another DualSense Controller. I had been trying to get the DualSense controller that came with my PS5 to work. I bought it at launch last year. I wanted a black controller and bought one today. I just so happened to connect it to my Tab 7plus and viola! It works just fine! I haven't connected it to my PS5 at all. It may the software on the controller thats the problem. It may be a software issue on the controller so i dont want to connect it to my PS5 and mess everything up. The controller is not having any problems so far.
AppError
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Has this been fixed? I'm on a Samsung Note 10+ Android 12... and I can't play using the PS5 controller anymore. 

Members_pAW2ew1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, it's been 5 months and there is still no fix for this!

useriaYOQXYwDd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am also experiencing this exact issue on my galaxy tab s6. Please fix this!

0 Likes
userTpIKxUensK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem with Galaxy S20 FE running One UI 4.1, Android 12, with last system update of Jun-1-2022 and Android security patch Jul-1-2022

0 Likes
userSVqpKl36JV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue Dualsense buttons mapped wrong on my s8 ultra