JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Z Flip 3 Unlocked US Model still running July Security Patch

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 09:22 PM)
userZADCxeVonA
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
My US Unlocked Z Flip 3 hasn't received any software / security update till date. I see the security July 1 security patch still. The model is SM-F711U1.

Does anyone know when we can get the latest security patch (September) ? Also, it seems like this will get the Android 12 One UI 4.0 last. Is that right?
9 Replies
userZADCxeVonA
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
This is not a carrier model. Someone replied saying it's a carrier model. It's not a carrier model
0 Likes
Juanaman
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
I have the unlocked model the Sept patch is hitting diff regions now it will get to us soon im also on the July security patch as for the Android 12 I doubt we will be last tho
userZADCxeVonA
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Thank you. Yeah that's the only bummer I have with these foldable phones. If Samsung wants high adoption then pricing (which they did fine with the Flip 3) and software updates are key.
0 Likes
Juanaman
Galaxy
Options
Android 12
I absolutely agree with you there I give it another few days a week tops should be hitting us
Kodabear
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
This is horrible. 1000$ phone on July patch
userZADCxeVonA
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Yeah it's pathetic
userZADCxeVonA
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
I don't understand why Samsung cannot release a software update for Flip 3 Unlocked model quickly
Solution
SC1988
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Disturbing how samsung is slower than my oneplus 8t with updates at twice the price. What gives sammy and why such a small battery with slow charging. I love the phone but hate the battery and charging speed. Im ok with a bit of weight added if i can have a 4000 battery or even a faster charger
userZADCxeVonA
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Same here..I hope they fix it in Flip 4. It's just weird that do this.
0 Likes