JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App notification settings option from notification panel missing on Android 12 UI4.0

(Topic created: 12-24-2021 08:34 PM)
userxAXDqjjyk9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I just updated my wife's S21 to the new Android 12 UI 4.0 and cant find the setting to change to silent notifications on the notification panel.

On my Android 11 UI 3.1 when I pull the notification bar down to see the messages, I can slide a message sideways to see the "show this notification again" option and Samsung Account General Notifications options, from where I can set an alert to Alert or Silent or choose the Settings option and set more options. On the new UI those options are no longer there. Is there any way to get them back or is this a downgrade in Android 12? 

Also, during a call the Speaker button on Android 12 is inactive so a call can't be taken on Speaker. Is there some setting I need to consider?

4 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Go to Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings > toggle on "show snooze button"

Screenshot_20211224-214844_Settings.jpg
userxAXDqjjyk9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks. I already had that toggled, but that only allows you to set a wait period for the specific message.

On the old UI you could slide part way to the left or right>Settings and it would take you to the Advanced settings for that app and you could set it to silent etc.

Now you can choose the Notification Settings on the Notification bar, if the app isn't showing you have to press More, then you have to scroll down and find the app that sent the notification, then you have to long press on the selected app to get to the option. 

I was hoping there was some way of getting the old Setting back to making it as easy as it used to be.

0 Likes
Solution
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
you can long press on the notification and it should expand and give you similar options I believeScreenshot_20211224-233408_Samsung Members_14837_1640406849.jpg
userxAXDqjjyk9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks, yes that seems to work

I see the rollout of UI4 has been halted. Not a good sign

0 Likes