Original topic:

ghost touches after update s22 Ultra

(Topic created: 05-01-2022 07:42 PM)
userV5vh94Ta2Y
Asteroid
Options
Android 12

I have the samsung s22 ultra.. is somebody also getting the same problem? after the recent update, my phone is having issue with ghost touch. the back, home, and the other button is getting tapped on its own. I thought at first i accidentally exited the app i was in and now even if i lay my phone on the table, unlocked it would close apps or show the recent apps sometimes it would switch to the last app i was in. 

34 Replies
user-654-786
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
hi so you could have your samsung account liked to another device my phone and all my devices even my car has this happen sometimes its the phone giving you suggestions other times it's a bug in the system update and reset your setting try and write down your setting before and reach out to us with details we will be able to assess the issue with a better understanding of what is happening.
user-654-786
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
#linked not like haha
0 Likes
userV5vh94Ta2Y
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
it is link to other device but i only have the problem on my phone. I already contacted Samsung and did what was instructed to me. It stop for a few hours and the problem came back
0 Likes
user-654-786
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
unlink all other devices and reset the account having too many devices linked caused issues during updates one device uses a different update or has errors that affects the other devices try and give me some detail as much as you can I'm gonna try and make the error happen on my device or a emulator and then I'll give you more info for a fix what phone do you have and what update do you have what kind of setting do you have on and is it linked to your Google Account these are things that make a huge difference in a lot of areas.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Android 12

do you have extra dim enabled?

what version did you update to?

0 Likes
bik07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Hello, yes I have same problem. After the latest one UI update, my s22 ultra navigation bar buttons are being randomly selected when I'm using other applications. It's literally making the phone useless.
bik07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
I may have found solution to this issue. Turn off extra screen touch sensitivity. Ghost touch is finally resolved for me!
0 Likes
bik07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
Hi all, I finally figured out this issue. Issue has to do with latest one UI update. In the bottom navigation bar on our devices, buttons are randomly selected by the device. For me, home button is being selected the most and then the back button and then the background app button. In some apps this is too frequent and in some apps it's a bit less. It does make the device not usable for most apps. I saw there is another thread for s21 users hitting same issue after one UI update. We need software solution and not a factory reset solution here.
KDubb88
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Yeah...I have been experiencing the same issue since the last update. I hope they fix this quickly in the upcoming security patch.