Bixby Connection Error *UPDATE*

Samsung Moderator

Re: Bixby Connection Error *UPDATE*

@user5ACmIVQax8, do you usually see this when on mobile data or on WiFi?

Constellation

Well, I was connected to my wifi when bixby decided to go bonkers yesterday and give me the connection problem. I did a factory reset of my phone, and then Bixby worked fine again (still on wifi). I don't understand what caused it to just suddenly quit, but the reset fixed it. That was quite a drastic solution, but the only one that worked, so if Bixby dies again, I will not be resetting my phone again. I love the idea of Bixby, but it isn't worth the hours of work I spent setting up my phone (and then my smart watch connected to my phone) all over again. 

Astronaut

I am still getting looks like there's a connection problem,I've tried every thing

Samsung Moderator

If you are experiencing this difficulty and you are using a phone that is located outside of the US, I would suggest reach out to your regional support. They will have the best options for you to ensure that you are able to find a solution.

If you are having this difficulty and are within the US, please post your Model number, Carrier, and Baseband version so that we can help you. You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Constellation

Hi Sean,

Looks like there is a connection problem. Let's try again later. 

This error has not been resolved till now. When is samsung going to release an update ?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Hey, @userF8l4AD0twp, if you are in the US would you mind providing the information above?

Cosmic Ray

An easy work around for this $1000 phone, is to enable OK Google wakeup in Google settings.  Bixby is starting to work OK but most of the time the process just takes too long. First you have to figure out the command, then you have to get Bixby to hear it, then Bixby has to respond while you wait for it to execute a macro and eventually you might get what you asked for.  Google Assistant is light years ahead of Bixby.  S-Voice was working fine. I not sure why they replaced it with Bixby. However I am anxious for Bixby to improve. I can see it taking the lead once they work the bugs out. Its getting better all the time.