cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blinker_Fluid
Asteroid

Android 10 Beta

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I just updated to the new beta software and as of right now it will not let me access anything in my phone media wise no photos or music. I keep getting a consistent pop up saying android media process keeps stopping, I get the notification about every 30 seconds or so.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Android 10 Beta

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For those running the beta and experiencing an error with "com.process.media", here is a step by step guide on how to resolve it:

1. Open the Settings app> Apps section.
  2. Here, tap the three-dot button at the top right of the screen and tap Show system apps.
  3. Then, scroll down and tap on the app called Media Storage, tap Storage, then hit the Clear data button at the bottom. Repeat the same procedure for the app called Sec Media Storage.
  4. restart your phone.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CuBG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Report it directly to Samsung, not here.

jslynch
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue. Did a factory reset and the pop up went away.

Haluser5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sammobile.com had an article about this exact problem. Go there and read how to fix it. It involves clearing the data on two system apps.

Cassady1994
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a solution in the one ui beta app

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For those running the beta and experiencing an error with "com.process.media", here is a step by step guide on how to resolve it:

1. Open the Settings app> Apps section.
  2. Here, tap the three-dot button at the top right of the screen and tap Show system apps.
  3. Then, scroll down and tap on the app called Media Storage, tap Storage, then hit the Clear data button at the bottom. Repeat the same procedure for the app called Sec Media Storage.
  4. restart your phone.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Blinker_Fluid
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Already did just giving updates so people know what to expect when they update

Highlighted
Whamo01
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, that's what a beta tester should do.

useraW9chlK4qz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION