cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Battery Drain After Android 10 One UI 2.0beta

On my note 10 plus battery drains quicker after updating to Android 10 UI 2.0 beta. All my settings are the same apps that are not being used are in. Sleep mode any suggestions would be appreciated thank you.

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Battery Drain After Android 10 One UI 2.0beta

I'm on the stable version of Android 10 on my galaxy S10e and I'm having the same issue. My battery won't last half a day...

Highlighted
Constellation

Updated to Android 10 this morning, my unlocked S10e battery life became much shorter than it was before update. Wish I could switch back. The panoramic feature in the camera app is not functioning as it was, either.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just updated about a week ago, mine is S10e Indonesia. A week review and I feel the same as you guys. In a day I have to recharge it 3-4 times with the same daily usage as it before the updates or in UI 1.1 I just need 1-2 times a day. I thought it's only me but I think it affects most of S10 series whose updated to UI 2.0.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have S9+ and after the android 10 update, it's the battery is draining out quickly. When battery level drops below 20% it is worse.

Highlighted
Constellation

On the stable release on an Exynos S10e, battery life is noticeably worse than before the update. One UI Home is always at the top of the list in the battery usage section.

Highlighted
Astronaut

In my s10 also battery life is short after updating to android 10. Is there any way to correct it.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hey,

So, here was my situation:

I updated to the stable android 10 (on Samsung Galaxy S10) when the update came OTA.

Instantly I noticed that my battery was draining much faster compared to android 9.

I followed some of the hints like disabling location services, Bluetooth, and blah blah which didn’t seem to be a logical solution and my battery usage was better but not the same as when I had android 9 on my phone.

Since I did the update from android 9 to android 10 I also cleared the cache partition on my phone but that didn’t help.

I also did factory reset the phone on android 10 but I was still experiencing battery draining too fast.

I then did some research and downgraded my phone without tripping Samsung Knox and voiding my warranty using Odin and official Samsung android 9 firmware (I used firmware from sammobile which was related to my phone model number and region) and I can confirm that the battery usage is 30-40% better on android 9 OS.

If you are experiencing battery draining on android 10 then I suggest you rollback to android 9. I didn’t really care about the updates and new features on android 10. I cared about my battery the most.

Currently I am on android 9 and my battery usage (on regular daily usage) is much better than android 10. On android 9 at the end of the day I still have 50-60% battery and on android 10 I barely get 10-20% so yes I can confirm that there is something wrong with the battery usage on android 10.

Don’t blame me if you brick your phone (do your research before downgrading to android 9) but again I can confirm that android 9 battery usage is much better than android 10 one UI.

I know this is not the best solution (Samsung needs to do an update to fix the battery issue) but at least for now that is the only solution and it worked for me.

If you need more information on how to downgrade YouTube is your friend.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

The same thing is happening to my note 10 battery drains faster since the update

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem with my S10e. My battery drain's faster after the update in android 10.