cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alfa_Addict
Asteroid

New One UI Beta Firmware

Good morning all!  I woke up around 5 a.m. and there was a notification of a new One UI 2.0 Beta firmware (Build # QP1A.190711.020.N975U1UEU2ZSKH).  Well of course I immediately did a Smart Switch back-up to my SD card, and also did a synch of my Google contacts, people details and calendar as precautionary measures.  Then downloaded and installed update.  I must say that it is much more responsive than the 1st iteration.  Also, I can now disable all of the location and physical activity permissions in Permission manager, of which a few were locked out previously.  Also my android security patch level now says December 1, 2019.  Overall I’m quite impressed thus far.  My update went smoothly, and I hope that it goes as well for the rest of you in the Beta program.  I have no broken apps like last time, which were Google Arts & Culture, and Google Earth, which I had to reload.  Also now my Package Disabler Pro has viable Knox authorization and is working again.  It was broken with the 1st One UI 2.0 Bata.  I’m a very happy camper right now.  Good luck everyone!

10 REPLIES 10
lbdm22
Constellation

Re: New One UI Beta Firmware

How can I receive update?

LAV
Alfa_Addict
Asteroid

@lbdm22 wrote:

How can I receive update?

Are you on the initial Note 10 One UI Beta now?  If it does not show up when prompting for a Software Update in settings, try going into Device Care and clear storage and memory in there and try again.  Or in settings under apps, pull up One UI Home app, open the storage tab, then hit clear cache.  After that it should show up.  My phone is Note 10+ unlocked, purchased directly from Samsung, and on Verizon Network if that makes a difference.

Gweiler17
Constellation

Just waiting on the beta for the s9+

Vegeta
Cosmic Ray

I'm afraid I'm never going to get that chance of the beta one UI 2.0 when it comes out for the note 9

Markwebb
Constellation

Got my update as well.

DaytonsFinest
Asteroid

How do I join the beta?

Alfa_Addict
Asteroid

@DaytonsFinest wrote:

How do I join the beta?

I beleive that you have to wait for someone to withdraw from the Beta program and open a slot to get in now.  Its been closed for quite a while now.

SauceMaster69
Astronaut

What carrier do you have? Do you own an unlocked US version?

Alfa_Addict
Asteroid

@SauceMaster69 wrote:

What carrier do you have? Do you own an unlocked US version?

Yes, unlocked and on Verizon Network.