cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usero7Rm2YR1dY
Constellation

Note 8 Android 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there any android 10 update coming to Note 8?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Note 8 Android 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usero7Rm2YR1dY Sorry to say but the Note 8 won't be getting the Android 10 1UI software update.  The Note 8 has received all of its major updates and will only be getting security update in the future 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usero7Rm2YR1dY Sorry to say but the Note 8 won't be getting the Android 10 1UI software update.  The Note 8 has received all of its major updates and will only be getting security update in the future 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

Stemag64
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don´t like this at all. I got an Note 8 and it is a little over two years old.

I can´t understand why i don´t get Android 10?

Many other brands get 10 for older phones.

This is cheap from Samsung, i don´t think my next phone will be an Samsung, probably an Oneplus.

Samsung_talos72
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been a Samsung Note user since 2013. I have Note 8, but I will probably switch to Pixel. There is no reason Note 8 can't run Android 10. This update policy on Samsung's part is not smart.

usera5SNTVsIvy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just switched back to iphone. I was planning to move to note 10 plus but this decision by samsung made it pretty simple for me. You spend so much on a phone that doesnt last you more than two years. Now i tell everyone when a company doesn't believe in their own products why should you. Shame. Ni wonder why there is not any resale value for samsung phones. Hope your current policy is working out great for your sales. 

user7WN4s4wQnN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a very bad choice from Samsung, clearly sending a message to existing and potential customers. It really puzzles me and will make me think twice before buying Samsung again. God, the Note 8 is only two years old !

uservHSFKoZTlm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

after all the problems created to its customers with the note 7 batteries that burned, Samsung that does !!!! Deny the update to android 10 to note 8 released with android 7, and suboto after updated to Android 8 and Samsung has been posted here. N.B. at the limit, if this tread is highlighted too much, they take it off as an anmo apppena done with that posted by a user coming from xda

userect8NQn4k1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is really unfair...its a flagship phone and atleast it must get one ui 2.0...otherwise sorry to say, this is my last samsung device...will switch over to one plus next time..

usernf1JLDuynp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dont buy any Samsung phones, it's not worth if they are outdated in 2 years, go for brand which keeps rolling the updates atleast for 3 years.

Have posted the feedback on Twitter. 

user6kwMIcWuxq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of the reasons the Note 8 is my last Samsung Phone.

Also burned in screen images