cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarkVanilla51
Asteroid

One UI 2

So ever since I got the One UI 2 update in America last week, my phone has been lagging a little. It's mainly does it whenever I'm swiping around my home screen to the next window or to the app drawer I can see some lag. Even when I am opening up the taskbar, it lags a little too. I'm not exactly sure why. I've restarted my phone and even did a factory data reset which was great at first but it started lagging a little again but not as bad as before. I can see that it's trying to be smooth but it lags in certain places. It feels like the beta version, not the stabled. Other than that, everything else has been fine. I just hope this gets fixed soon.

7 REPLIES 7
useramRZ6SzOLG
Asteroid

Re: One UI 2

I am having the same exact issue on my S10 plus from Verizon. I have cleared cache and rebooted several times but haven't tried the factory data reset yet. after a fresh boot things respond great for around a day or so then things start the lag with the UI. Swiping around, typing etc it's pretty noticeable. I started looking at my running services seeing if I could try stopping some things to see if performance would improve but haven't found the magic bullet yet. I hope this is fixed soon or I'll be wishing I'm back on Android 9

Highlighted
userGc240anGiz
Cosmic Ray

Hello can you tell me are you sorry that you got the final update

useramRZ6SzOLG
Asteroid

For now, yes. I love the new interface and features but it's not worth it if the performance suffers like this. 

DarkVanilla51
Asteroid

I mean I actually like the update. If they just fix the little lags I experienced, I'd be even more happy about this update. 

user9lYPvGW7d6
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue after the update... How does something like this pass QA 🤦‍♂️

DavidMCNote9Blue
Constellation

I have the same lag issue and have done a factory reset twice and without loading all of my apps and the lags starts almost an hour of on screen time.  There have been times it seemed to be almost a second of lag between letters while typing in Messages or typing web addresses.  This is unacceptable on a 4 month old phone Note 10 Plus and Samsung needs to address this asap.

useriiJm7yyjSM
Constellation

Exactly the same problem here. My unlocked Galaxy S10+ (U.S. version) received Android 10 + One UI2.0 update today. I was pretty excited to try out the long-awaited update, but the excitement went away as soon as I realized the stuttering issue. The lag is noticeable as I swipe around the home screen, open the app drawer, and pull down the taskbar. Now I sort of regret about installing the new software and wish that I could roll back to Android P. Hopefully Samsung will release an update to address this issue soon.