cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

[S10] One UI 2.0/Android 10 Mega Thread

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Howdy y'all, I hope you're all doing well.

If you're reading this, I think it's safe to say that your pretty darn excited for One UI 2.0 w/ Android 10!

I'm so excited that we get to share the latest and greatest experience Samsung has to offer, together.

Now that beta is officially available, I want to hear what excites you the most from One UI 2.0 and what you'd like to see. What features would you like added?

The official notice can be viewed here: https://news.samsung.com/us/one-ui-beta-program-android-10-galaxy-s10-coming-soon/

Beta boards can be found here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Beta-feedback-reporting/bd-p/Beta_Feedback_Reporting_Commentary

------- ☆ -------
Beta Information

Some things to keep in mind before signing up and installing the beta:

• The main goal and purpose of the public beta is to gather feedback from users. When unexpected errors occur, please submit feedback via the One UI Beta app.
  • The beta firmware is exactly what it is, beta. This means that there may be some unexpected bugs.
  • Some apps might not function properly (if you rely on using banking apps, it might be wise to wait for the official update.)
  • Data loss may occur. It is recommended to backup your data. Samsung offers SmartSwitch on both Android and on PC/Mac. I'd highly recommend making a backup of your data before you install the beta.

Who's eligible for the One UI Beta?

• Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10+ users
  • Sprint, T-Mobile and Unlocked users
  • Other carrier branded devices such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Etc... are NOT supported.

Current Beta versions:

• Carrier branded devices: ZSKL
  • Unlocked devices: ZSKL

Known Issues:

1. Netflix/Disney+ can't be downloaded via the Google Play Store
-----------------------
Feedback/Suggestions/Bug ReportsOne UI Beta App.pngOne UI App - For Feedback and Reporting

How do I submit beta feedback, suggestions and bug reports?

• Open your app drawer and open the One UI Beta app (pictured above)
  • FOR FEEDBACK/BUG REPORTS: Press Beta feedback>Send feedback>Error reports>Select the error type/topic>Enter details and select how frequent the error occurs. Please be sure to provide as much detail as possible. When done, press the send button on the top right.
  • FOR SUGGESTIONS: Press Beta community>Press the compose button on the bottom right>Select a category>Enter a title & write your suggestion below. Be sure to add some tags under the body of your suggestion. Feel free to comment on other suggestions as well.
-----------------------
How do I un-register and leave the beta?

Sometimes beta software isn't for everyone and that's okay. It's quite easy to leave the beta and return to the official software version for your device.

*This will require a PC or Mac with a valid connection to the Internet and WILL FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE

To unregister from the beta, follow these steps:

1. Open the One UI Beta app
  2. Press the Settings button located on the top right side of the screen
  3. Press the "One UI Beta Program" button
  4. Press WITHDRAW at the bottom of the screen
  5. Follow the steps below to return to stock firmware.

To return to official stock firmware, follow these steps: (This will factory reset your device)

1. Download and install Samsung SmartSwitch for PC or Mac (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch/)
  2. Open SmartSwitch on your PC or Mac
  3. Using the charging cable that came with your Galaxy device, plug your device in to your PC/Mac
  4. Under your device details, you should see a download button and a message that says "You can go back to a previous version of software." Click download and follow the prompts.SmartSwitch.jpgSmartSwitch software downgrade option
-----------------------
Troubleshooting

For those running the beta and experiencing an error with "com.process.media", here is a step by step guide on how to resolve it:

1. Open the Settings app>Apps
  2. Here, tap the three-dot button at the top right of the screen and tap Show system apps
  3. Press the search button on the top right (next to the menu button)
  4. Enter "media" in the search bar
  5. Press Media Storage>Storage>Clear data
  6. Go back and repeat steps 3 & 4
  7. Press Sec Media Storage>Storage>Clear data
  8. Restart your phone.

Let's go! Who's hyped!!!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: One UI 2.0/Android 10 Mega Thread

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The original post has been updated with the following information:

• Added current build info for both carrier branded devices and unlocked devices.
  • Added Beta Feedback/Bug Report app icon (One UI Beta app.)
  • Added information on how to un-register from beta and return to official stock firmware (with picture reference.)
  • Update information for unlocked models.

I hope this is useful.

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

710 REPLIES 710
Galaxy4mylife
Asteroid

Re: OneUI 2.0/Android 10 Hype Thread

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why are you spreading false hope?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Galaxy4mylife, I hope you're doing well.

The purpose of the post isn't to spread false hope. The title says it all, this is a hype thread where we can discuss what we're most excited about. My apologies if you found this to be offending.

Take care.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Galaxy4mylife
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe is Samsung was a bit more transparent with a date we wouldn't be so aggressive lol.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally understand. Everyone (including myself) are so excited and can't wait to get our hands on OneUI 2.0.

At this time I honestly have no hard date as to when release is but it is expected to be very soon. 😀

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Galaxy4mylife
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You seem to work with or are very aware of Samsung Smiley Wink sp what it the date of release? Haha

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not false hope... i hear tjat they will release the update fpr US but they didnt give a exact hour

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And im existed for the new Animations broo really light

Oje721
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cant wait for those new sleek animations on the new nav gestures😆

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Those new animations sure do look great!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador