Astronaut

Re: [S10] One UI 2.0/Android 10 Mega Thread

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How are everyone tonight hope everyone have a great weekend

Genohms
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well thank you all wonderful members for demonstrating how truly important it is to remember kknowledge is power in technology, and knowing just enough to speak and ask generally precludes a drastic deficit in understanding and the wisdom to know when you lack both in significant proportions. Moral=dont try to fly unless your already really too high or have wings y'all!

Samsung_pNmt6L4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't got to test android 10 on my note but I'm coming from a pixel 3 and i had the iPhone 11 so I noticed one thing missing that I know users will appreciate. Being able to swipe back or forward while browsing the web shouldbethe standardfor all phones regardlessof the OS. I shouldn't have to use buttons to navigate back and forward on the web. Getting rid of the buttons at the bottom and using swipe gestures is so much easier and better. Android is definitely taking steps in the right direction. I know many don't want to hear this but android really needs to have a better process for apps to qualify for being used on its platform because today it's about security security security. I could keep going on but I digress. I love the improvement.

Samsung_pNmt6L4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also would like to add, I'm not even on the beta and just got the note 10 and I'm getting double spacing during typing even though it's pressed once, really annoying.

Jtelia
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

why is the S8 not getting one ui 2.0. last Samsung I'll be getting. such a joke that we only get 2 major updates on flagships when pixels get 3 updates and iPhones get 5 major updates. goodbye Samsung

Samsung_o50pbcE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One UI 2.0 official with Android 10 build is now live for Philippines local Variants both Carrier Lock and Unlock for Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+.

Samsung_HanMak
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guy's, we have a problem here.  Trying to opt out and running into problems.  

1. The latest members app build does not offer logic to opt out.  There is no tab or switch to opt out.   While Smart Switch will enable you to revert to stock sw, the network immediately attempts to push the latest beta to phone, regardless of (factory resets, cache wipes etc). 

2. Samsung community support is completely unaware of this problem, lacks any form of work around, or standard support process to assist those who wish to opt-out.  The feedback I have recieved so far is "send the phone back to Samsung to be reflashed", really???

3. Sending the phone back to a tech center (likely) won't fix problem.  Problem which is impacting participants in the first place (ability to "OPT OUT").  I suspect the network will continue to push beta builds until the operational controls register that a partipant has "opted out".  Impossible currently

4.  The beta software itself is buggy.  It likely has numerous process problems that are killing battery life (6hr full life from charge).  My primary reason for opting out was not bugs but terrible battery life, which is not getting better as new builds are pushed.  IE: the beta sw is untenable.  

5. Samsung customer support lines, are a) completely unaware of the beta program.  I had an agent try to convince me today that Samsung doesn't even offer an official beta program (until I pointed her to the website), at which point they instructed me to send the phone back to Samsung.  Really???

Help.....???

jojejo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need to opt out in the One UI Beta app, not Samsung Members.

Samsung_HanMak
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Kind of hard to install an app that isn't available in my country (USA), making it difficult to opt out. Hmmmm

20191211_210743.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_HanMak Give this link a try: https://static.samsungmembers.com/betatest/binary/us/faq_sub.html

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.