cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

SIM card manager - Turns off Mobile Data, even when set on

Just updated to Android 10 ROM - G970FXXU3BKSO.

Now, if I set the SIM card to use for "Mobile data" (with one SIM card turned off, and the option of either the active SIM or "off"), when I set the "mobile data" the the SIM card that is turned on, I get a toast mesage that (to the effect of) "AT&T will be used for mobile data", but, the Mobile Data setting is either "off" or just now present at all (that is, under "Mobile Data" there is nothing -- blank).  If I use the "quick settings", it shows mobile data is on, but it isn't.  If I toggle the quick settings to off, then on, it comes back on.  

By itself, this isn't such a big deal, but, apparently randomly, mobile data simply gets turned off.  

Help???

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: SIM card manager - Turns off Mobile Data, even when set on

yep, noticing this too since the update.

I have an S10 G9730 (dual SIM). SIM 1 tray has a GoogleFi card in it which I usually keep disabled except when traveling (GoogleFi *will not* work in the SIM 2 tray). The second tray has my usual T-Mobile card. Whenever I walk out of a WiFi area, the Mobile Data for T-Mobile stays disabled and I have to toggle the data option within the SIM card manager to enable it (toggling the Quick Settings Mobile data doesn't work for me).

This problem was not present before the Android 10 update and the S10 was able to switch between the two data methods without issue. :/

Highlighted
Constellation

I have exactly the same issue with a note 10+ with two Sims, one is turned off and data on the other one keeps switching off on its own, very annoying

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.