cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comet

Bixby voice problem?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Something new started. Before I start interacting with Bixby each day I long press the the Bixby button and say hi Bixby or good morning Bixby and I like Bixby. Some of the responses are humorous. Today the response was very different. She said it looks like there is a bit of a problem let's try again later. 

I cleared the cache and data for Bixby voice, restarted the phone but the response when long pressing the button remains. 

Oddly enough it doesn't seem to effect the voice commands or quick commands or any other features. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated, 

Thanks 

The only system settings I changed today prior to waking up Bixby are wifi calling, wifi, and T-mobile  cellular network. Trying to get Samsung messages to send mms over Wi-Fi. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Bixby voice problem?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

You were absolutely right. It's Working perfectly now. Thanks for that. 

Have a good one 

7 REPLIES 7
weretiger1979
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rumor is that Bixby is rolling out as early as tomorrow. Perhaps servers are down for maintenance to prepare for full U.S. launch? *fingers crossed*

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I think we've heard that before lol. It would be great though. I hope everyone has a chance to see how good Bixby is now and in the future.
weretiger1979
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed. I love it! Smiley Very Happy

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

You were absolutely right. It's Working perfectly now. Thanks for that. 

Have a good one 

userziCLcRG8Oi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can u tell me how to fix this problem been facing it intermittently very annaoying

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

This issue started the day before the Bixby public release. It seems to have been a network connection to the Bixby server problem. The update resolved it.

As for the Bixby hiccup issue we think that was a connection to the server issue as well.

With the latest greatest updates this type of issue is becoming a more rare occurence. 

I don't know which phone you are using and if you've tried the standard clear the cache and data for the 7 Bixby apps or just the home and voice app.

If you have a really strong Cellular signal you might try connecting with that instead of WiFi to see if the issue remains.

Check out some of the other community posts there are some really smart people out there.

You could just wait for the next update to see if that solves it.

If all else fails you can always remove the 7 Bixby updates clearing the cache and  data for each one as you go. Restart the phone and go to the galaxy apps store and reinstall the 7 most recent updates. At least you'll have a fresh start.

CLF

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

How often does this happen?

Does this only happen when you long press the Bixby key and say Hi Bixby? Every else works great?

What message do you see?

You might have an issue connecting to the Bixby server.

Have you tried the clear data and cache for the 7 Bixby apps?

Have you tried uninstalling the 7 Bixby app updates clearing the cache and data for each and reinstalling them from the galaxy apps store?

CLF