JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 03-21-2018 01:42 AM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
userjWuxGbjO79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

alright that fixed the issue. thank you

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You are welcome! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userpJlME1qESF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, I've just got my new S10+ this week and the Bixby voice is not working. When I tried to go into the setting to change the bixy button to launch another app, it says i need to get started with bixy.

When i click through bixy, the app just shows the logo and nothing happens. I've already restarted it, i cannot find a way to clear the cache?

Thank you and let me know what i should do.

Cheers,

Jas

0 Likes
useruTafA1kYE1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yup, I am having the same issues. It starts whenever it feel.like it, bit by then I get the Google assistant to sort me out. 

Shame because i wanna use and support Samsung's own. 

Yes I have tried clearing cache and restarting etc. 

The issue is Bixby and it not being that great 😞 

0 Likes
Samsung_XOfXTWF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Login in problems

0 Likes
f2arena
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have recently purchased a brand new s9+ and i cant open bixby voice. There are no bixby related apps found in galaxy apps. But all of them are available in settings>apps.

0 Likes
MarkS9Plus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Also have an S9+ and Bixby was working for me but has since stopped operating properly - no Bixby voice settings / "gear" icon gone.

0 Likes
JoelJVV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly the same thing happened to my phone yesterday. Any dm response yet on how to fix it? 

0 Likes
userrJfW7lDwa3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phoned Samsung. International Bixby Servers are down. Will be restored ASAP.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, everyone, I just wanted to check in and see if anyone was still having any difficulties connecting to the Bixby services.

If you are having any difficulty, please let me know with you Baseband Version, Model Number, and Carrier! You can find most of that information in Settings > About Phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes