JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 03-23-2018 12:58 AM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
userCo7Mx4jcVZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Its not working on me.. i tried clearing cache deleting files.. bixby is only working when i press the button on the left side but i dont want to press it all the time.. everytime i say "hey bixby" an icon will appear on top of my phone but when i say "open messages" it just doesnt do anything..

Rosa Van Winkle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Having the same Issue on my S8

I think it happend right after the Oreo Update i received

Model is SM-G950F

i get a small icon when i say "hi bixby" 

but does not react,only when i hold the bixby button...

Here is a image showing what the icon says/means but it quickly dissappears...

https://i.imgur.com/6w5LPP3.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much for reaching out to us about this, @Rosa Van Winkle. As we provide support mainly for US devices, we suggest that you reach out to your regional support. They will be able to provide you with the highest level of support for your device.

If you would like help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user34JoDRrOEz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same problem as rosa van winkle  I have a 8+

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

Thanks so much for reaching out to us about this, @Rosa Van Winkle. As we provide support mainly for US devices, we suggest that you reach out to your regional support. They will be able to provide you with the highest level of support for your device.

If you would like help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

0 Likes
useriwsF61eo7o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Was wondering of you found solution? Ever since purchase of S9+ the "Hi Bixby" command just pops up twice in notification panel and never works. Only way to use Bixby is with the long press of the Bixby key. S8+ never had this issue, even after Oreo update.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, I hope you are doing well, @useriwsF61eo7o. Would you mind providing us with some information about your device so that we can attempt to replicate this behavior?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Buckeye Ron
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am also having issues with Bixby voice wake-up not working. The Bixby Key seems to work fine.

SM-G965U1

G965U1UEU1ARBG

Verizon

0 Likes
JessD
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you get any help on this? I just bought the galaxy s9 today and bixby voice isn't working. Bixby works on my phone only if you push and hold the button. 

0 Likes
useraERktQ2IOm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity settings? Bixby button > MenuSettings > Voice wake-up 

This and rebooting works for me. 

0 Likes
user1FWcaBeLd8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried this, but it still don't work. I go into setting and it only let me choose the card and apps I want to show on bixby. It doesn't let me adjust or change anything.

0 Likes