JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 08-14-2018 05:10 AM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
user55d8DUAu96
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have just received the note 9. And I'm finding it impossible to activate bixby.  Someone please help. I e done loads of  voice recording to improve accuracy but still noth6

0 Likes
Sadesh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I get the same issue a few days ago.still having the problem of bixby voice assistant.model is s9 plus.need a quick feed back regarding this

0 Likes
userjzS2hBuUVm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

email me if you got yours fixed 

0 Likes
user7xRDSl3i9o
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a Note 9 512 gig and I'm having the same problem. Even when I open it, it still doesn't even work. Only when I press the Bixby button it works. And I checked all of the settings and they are fine. It worked fine in the beginning, and its updated too.

@f2arena wrote:

I have recently purchased a brand new s9+ and i cant open bixby voice. There are no bixby related apps found in galaxy apps. But all of them are available in settings>apps.

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
Rosa Van Winkle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

Model is SM-G950F

Deleted cache and data from the bixby voice app,then restarted the phone

i get a small icon when i say "hi bixby" 

but does not react to my commands,only when i hold the bixby button...

Here is a image showing what the icon says/means but it quickly dissappears...

https://i.imgur.com/6w5LPP3.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is forum for u.s. customers with u.s. models with official software...............

0 Likes
Rosa Van Winkle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

well it is official software,not because i'm in the EU it isn't...  and the eu forums aren't the greatest thats why i came here...

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Eu model has different bixby server. I'm pretty sure it was just temporary server issue. if u still can't use the bixby, u should look for local samsung shop or call samsung customer service for further info. u.s. samsung moderators or customers can't help u.

0 Likes
userapsmzXhMWI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured it out today. Go to settings, click on apps, click the three dots in the top right corner, click special access, click optimize battery usage, in the top left corner click apps not optimized and change it to all, scroll to bixby voice and anything else that has to do with bixby and turn off. There is a factory feature that automatically forces your phone to conserve your battery. So if you have any problems with notifications not showing up; this would be the same process!

0 Likes