JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby Voice Not Working

(Topic created: 09-11-2018 04:20 PM)
usernXeOrnHbDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung I am getting very frustrated with your new S8 Plus and Bixby. When the Bixyby Voice first rolled out it was working great then the Bixby Voice activation stopped working after an update ( Bixby would not wake up using my voice would only work when manually pressing the designated Bixby button).  I tried clearing cache, deleting data on Bixby Voice, and Bixby Home. After doing this Bixby voice would would say when trying to train my voice Bixby Can Not Hear You no matter what I tried with the distance of the phone or how loud I spoke.

I also deleted the Cache Partition but it didn't work.  After numerous days Samsung Support contacted me via Facebook messaging and suggested that I uninstall updates to Bixby Voice and Bixby Home.  I was able to retrain my voice and I was Happy.  The next day the Bixby Voice Activation stopped working again.  

Samsung, when will this be fixed.  This is the first time I have thought about getting rid of Samsung and I have been with you since the S3 and and all Televisions are Samsung.

Please provide me with an answer to a workaround or when will the update fixing this problem be out?  You have known for weeks that others have the same problem!

I have attached a screen shot when you try to train my voice when starting Bixby.

Thank you

Doug

Processes already tried but Have Not Resolved Issue:

The Bixby Voice App was the current app when it stopped working 3 weeks ago

I uninstalled updates on Bixby voice when suggested by Samsung FB support (it worked then stopped again the next day.)

Cleared Cache Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Data Bixby Home and Voice

Deleted Cache Partition

231 Replies
uservI1PFwf81h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My bixby button doesnt work at all, it stopped working, when I go to press the button it doesnt work at all short press or long press

My Model number is: SM-G965U1

My Baseband version is: G965U1UES2ARF4

My carrier is: AT&T

0 Likes
Ryshad
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have same issue, but i get a notification saying turn on bixby voice permissions

Samsung Galaxy S7
0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
userasiVu2nJrB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My bixby voice settings is grayed out i cannot turn on voice wake up baseband G960U1UES2ARF4

0 Likes
userr6Dr2OPIQO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

won't voice dial, shows on screen "call greg" but says it ran into a problem, but then shows a button for phone list...

what a disappointment.

baseband  N960USQU1ARH4

at&t in the usa

my LG was better

0 Likes
userVQrX6d6AJE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
brand new S9+. No bixby voice. all these things does not help.
Baseband version
G965FXXS2BRH9
Kernel version
4.9.59-14049503-QB19624993
dpi@SWDG4709 #1
Mon Sep 3 18:50:05 KST 2018
Build number
R16NW.G965FPUS2BRI2
SE for Android status
Enforcing
SEPF_SM-G965F_8.0.0_0014
Mon Sep 03 19:05:58 2018
Knox version
Knox 3.1
Knox API level 25
TIMA 4.0.0
Service provider SW ver.
SAOMC_SM-G965F_SER_SER_OO_0006
22c19574960d7ece
SER/SER,SER/SER
Security software version
ASKS v1.4 Release 180123
FIPS BoringSSL v1.2
FIPS SKC v1.9
FIPS SCrypto v2.2
FIPS FMP v1.4
SMR Sep-2018 Release 1
0 Likes
userhp7OzjuBGW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, I just bought my phone last week. I dont know how to find the info your asking for but I'm on att

0 Likes
NickRo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this is what i am getting nothing in bixby settings and nothing in bixby home.
bixby voice is just gone 
https://imgur.com/a/gY7C6mG

https://imgur.com/a/H74CzLr

please help 

userucbbjZRd1u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Model SMG96041

Baseband G960U1UES2ARF4

Bixby not working at all.  Not even working with button.  If I swipe I can open it but no options to turn anything on or off.  

0 Likes
useri2SheLhG3s
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

here is the problem, I have a deep voice and could not get bixby wake up to work, I got my wife to to try it after training the voice and it worked, this is after spending hours going through apps and settings etc. so I then did some more test I got 3 male voices to try none of them worked, then I got 3 female voices guess what thye all worked. So the issue is not the phone or any apps in most cases but its samsungs software that is not up to speed and clearly shows a fault. surely samsung must be aware of this but yet keeps loyal customers frustrated by not being up front.